Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944979 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4620 on: December 08, 2013, 08:29:54 pm »

Slime biome? Oh yes.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4621 on: December 08, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »

Also yeah, I saw that mod earlier and it was looking really neat, good to see they're a bit more on top of the mod community then minecraft was!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: December 08, 2013, 08:33:57 pm »

There was a forum specifically titled "beta feedback", but now the threads there I was browsing were moved to... basically everywhere. There's two in general, one in billing... for some reason... and one in "other". Oh and the "followed threads" doesn't actually list your followed threads, just the ones that were posted in in the last few hours, so between the blank watchlist and lack of a beta-specific forum I just assumed.

So now it's back to the pile of illiterate chaos it always is over there, where I can't find anything I'm looking for to be constructive. I'm starting to see why the devs rarely ever post on their site and stick to everywhere else instead.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:39 pm »

So the first version of the universal currency mod is done and posted.
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/universal-currency.43448/
It works rather well and thankfully doesn't touch the player.config file that will be the focus of so many mods.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: December 08, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »

That sounds rather awesome, if it works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: December 08, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »

I'm not very good at modding, it seems.

I accidentally my boneboo seeds, and they are still broken even after replacing my mistake with the backup I made before attempting to mod.

Anyone know how to mod plants? I haven't seen any guides for it on the official forums.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »

I'm not very good at modding, it seems.

I accidentally my boneboo seeds, and they are still broken even after replacing my mistake with the backup I made before attempting to mod.

Anyone know how to mod plants? I haven't seen any guides for it on the official forums.
once an item becomes a generic item, it stays that way, best to back up your character before attempting to test a mod, specifically go into the starbound folder and copy the player and universe folder elsewhere.

As for modding plants, there are 2 parts of it, the seed then the plant itself, if you make a syntax error when modding then it turns the item into a perfectly generic object when you load the character. The question comes to mind what are you wanting to do with it?

I'll go into a little more detail, the seed is under the assets/object/farmable folder, the plant after its harvested is under assets/items/generic/produce.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:06:33 pm by etgfrog »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:41 pm »

once an item becomes a generic item, it stays that way, best to back up your character before attempting to test a mod, specifically go into the starbound folder and copy the player and universe folder elsewhere.

As for modding plants, there are 2 parts of it, the seed then the plant itself, if you make a syntax error when modding then it turns the item into a perfectly generic object when you load the character. The question comes to mind what are you wanting to do with it?

I was looking to make it drop bones when harvested. I'm mostly just trying to learn how to mod, but I also want to make more plants to function as alternative sources of materials, such as flower petals, wood, mushrooms, and in this case bones.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: December 08, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »

I was looking to make it drop bones when harvested. I'm mostly just trying to learn how to mod, but I also want to make more plants to function as alternative sources of materials, such as flower petals, wood, mushrooms, and in this case bones.

ok, if you look under the boneboo folder for the seed, look at the .object file.

you should see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
now it can be changed to the following to achieve what you want

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I'm not 100% sure if this will work as you want it to, but it should make it drop bones on harvest, whenever you add a new object in a list of {}, [] or () make sure you place a comma, this is the most frequent cause of generic objecting my items. Also make sure you check the object you want, some of them are wierd such as the name of dirt is dirtmaterial

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: December 08, 2013, 10:24:15 pm »

Thanks, that will help quite a bit.

Though I was actually looking for the bones used to make bone blocks, not the blocks themselves. I eventually found it, in assets\items\generic\crafting in the bone.item file.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: December 08, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »

Boneboo DOES drop bones when harvested. I've harvested plenty and gotten small amounts of bone.

Really?

I've been running a boneboo farm for quite some time and never gotten any bones from them. Is it wild ones you're harvesting, or do you have a farm too?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: December 08, 2013, 11:01:12 pm »

Anybody else thing it is strange that all the females of all species have thinner waists and breasts? I mean they had a chance to have all sorts of castes that are somewhat new and interesting beyond typical mammalian male and female...
Or are we just used to that from every other sci fi game ever?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: December 08, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »

Heh, would've been funny if the bird creatures had males with bigger breasts.  I think in the wild the males sometimes have bigger breasts, fancier feathers, and more vidid colors.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: December 08, 2013, 11:05:09 pm »

Wild ones.

Maybe it's only those which drop bones, then.

The only difference I've noted between the wild ones and the farmed ones is that the wild ones have longer growth times and this token:

"objectItem" : "bone",

Anybody else thing it is strange that all the females of all species have thinner waists and breasts? I mean they had a chance to have all sorts of castes that are somewhat new and interesting beyond typical mammalian male and female...
Or are we just used to that from every other sci fi game ever?

Or are we just used to that from every other piece of sci fi media ever?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 565