Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944854 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4335 on: December 07, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »

So who is the one hosting the "real" bay12 server? Once they make a big wipe I may be willing to compile a modpack of the best stuff to throw into, so we would all start anew AND with mods.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4336 on: December 07, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

So who is the one hosting the "real" bay12 server? Once they make a big wipe I may be willing to compile a modpack of the best stuff to throw into, so we would all start anew AND with mods.
I won't claim mine as the 'official' bay12 server but I will be putting up a server that will (hopefully) run 24/7 after this big game-breaking patch comes out soon.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: December 07, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »

Sounds like a good idea.
Also, I will be joining that server Forsaken.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: December 07, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

Nah. Not enough flaming lemons or idiotic diet aids in the Apex labs.
That could be modded in, anyone up for the task? :p

WAIT.

Doesn't banana bread currently light you on fire?!
It seems that all cooked food has the same effect.  Well, I believe bread, rice balls, and other "2x-single-ingredient" food doesn't, but anything cooked with multiple ingredients gives you haste, fire, and regeneration.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: December 07, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »

So let's brainstorm and vote on mods we want, Forsaken!

Fix/important change:
1) My personal mod, replacing arctic infantry set.
Currently Arctif infantry set is too easy to get and it's A LOT of armor AND warmth.
Instead we will have: leather set ->fur set  ->copper/iron/...(etc) arctic set.
With growing armor tier appropriate to avaliable level and warmth.
2) Copper-iron-gold etc upgrades for matter manupulator, with pickaxe materials.
3) Mech bullet fix. Currently mech can barely scratch most monsters because it uses a very weak ammo.
4) Tentacle trees drop raw tentacles instead of wood, and similar fixes to tree-like things.

Resources:
5) Growable wood. Plants like banana trees yield a small amount of wood when harvested.
6) Charcoal. You can burn wood into charcoal in furnace.

Weapon speed rebalance:
7) Currently daggers seem like a poor choice in many cases. They should deal more elemental damage if they are imbued with one, and they should be generally faster.

Minor
8) Vanity item "open helm" to show head/face in any armor.

POSSIBLE:
- Rework of warmth meter if possible. Making some planets really cold (like moons which should have no atmosphere) so you would have to craft a "spacesuit" to walk on them.
- Custom ships with a mod of a choice, to allow more storage/personal space and for other reasons.

Please tell me what do you think is important in such a modpack.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: December 07, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

Are all those confirmed working mods?  I'd also suggest tiered shields and hunting knives, in that case, as well as craftable similar-tier guns.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4341 on: December 07, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »

I'd vote for bankable pixels, preferably if someone can get a prettier implementation of them.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: December 07, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »

Don't go making mods right now for the patch, especially since the snow infantry armor is being brought down to sane armor levels.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: December 07, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »

Deon: The upcoming update includes a pretty steep nerf to the Arctic armor, so that it's a proper tradeoff of armor vs. warmth. High tier armor already has sufficient warmth to make even things like moons a non-issue.

Things I'd like to see:

-Pixel storage.
-Upgraded 3D printer, with the ability to (at the very least) scan and print the blocks used in the construction of the various faction towns/bases/etc.
-Uranium/Plutonium rods as a very efficient fuel source. I'm okay with the ore being only marginally better than coal, but rods apparently can't be used as fuel at all. A ratio of 1 Uranium rod -> 400 fuel/1 Plutonium rod -> 800 fuel seems to be roughly in keeping with their rarity, while also giving us a viable alternative to collecting massive amounts of coal/wood.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: December 07, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »

Keep in mind that many people are reporting mods don't work well right now on mp.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: December 07, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »

Deon: The upcoming update includes a pretty steep nerf to the Arctic armor, so that it's a proper tradeoff of armor vs. warmth. High tier armor already has sufficient warmth to make even things like moons a non-issue.

Things I'd like to see:

-Pixel storage.
-Upgraded 3D printer, with the ability to (at the very least) scan and print the blocks used in the construction of the various faction towns/bases/etc.
-Uranium/Plutonium rods as a very efficient fuel source. I'm okay with the ore being only marginally better than coal, but rods apparently can't be used as fuel at all. A ratio of 1 Uranium rod -> 400 fuel/1 Plutonium rod -> 800 fuel seems to be roughly in keeping with their rarity, while also giving us a viable alternative to collecting massive amounts of coal/wood.
Actually, I've found pretty big clusters of uranium in gamma sec when I get down to the bottom of a very massive planet.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: December 07, 2013, 04:36:49 pm »

Some dude posting to reddit also found a decent chunk of uranium on a large asteroid.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: December 07, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »

Uranium can be found on tier 1 planet, on asteroids.

Things I'd like to see:

-Pixel storage.
Yes, I forgot to mention ability to convert pixels to blocks. It's a good idea and a mod.

Don't go making mods right now for the patch, especially since the snow infantry armor is being brought down to sane armor levels.
I will make modpack right AFTER the patch, at least I plan to.

Keep in mind that many people are reporting mods don't work well right now on mp.
Those people just don't know how to unzip or unpack archives. I've tried it and it works perfectly, on different computers too. Even if files are totally different the data is sent without any OOS errors.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: December 07, 2013, 04:55:15 pm »

You know...
Why are all the starbound wikis still seemingly displaying pre-release information?!?! O_O

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4349 on: December 07, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »

People are too busy playing the game to update them?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 565