Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944840 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4290 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some of these creatures really are straight from nightmares. Imagine being stalked by something that projectile vomits blood all over you to kill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: December 07, 2013, 12:59:33 pm »

Blood vomit is incredibly OP atm anyway.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: December 07, 2013, 01:01:25 pm »

This game. I'm trying to love it. But every time I die, I don't shrug it off like I do in Terraria. Every death is punctuated with me slamming my desk and yelling 'FUCK!' because I just lost half my pixels, I have to trek all the way across the map AFTER THIS LONG-ASS ANIMATION. A ton of annoying little things can bunch up into one big reason I dislike playing Starbound in it's current form. Here's hoping the combat gets fixed.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: December 07, 2013, 01:02:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some of these creatures really are straight from nightmares. Imagine being stalked by something that projectile vomits blood all over you to kill.

Even better when you have a dagger in one hand and a flashlight in the other and night is upon you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: December 07, 2013, 01:04:14 pm »

This game. I'm trying to love it. But every time I die, I don't shrug it off like I do in Terraria. Every death is punctuated with me slamming my desk and yelling 'FUCK!' because I just lost half my pixels, I have to trek all the way across the map AFTER THIS LONG-ASS ANIMATION. A ton of annoying little things can bunch up into one big reason I dislike playing Starbound in it's current form. Here's hoping the combat gets fixed.
Death became a lot more bearable after I just said "screw it" and edited in several thousand pixels.

It's pretty amusing how fast >10k pix reduces to <1k...

The walk is a thing, though, yeah. I guess there's maybe tech or something that would help with that? Dashes or... summat? I'unno, I've yet to find any tech whatsoever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: December 07, 2013, 01:08:02 pm »

I just got murdered by a giant pink cyborg pony-dragon. I love this game now.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: December 07, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

You can hit escape or space to skip the animation.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: December 07, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

I am currently trying to setup a server for me and my brother to play on.
I however.. fail miserably at setting it up and stuff..

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »

As above:

1. Esc cancels the respawn animation.
2. You can very easily edit the player config file to remove the death penalty.

The only real issue is that you can't change your beam-down point. I spent a good 90 minutes repeatedly crossing a planet because I kept dying in a level 40 Glitch castle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: December 07, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »

Also, once you get to that point where you have a full set of tier 2 gear... getting enough pixels for upgrades is ridiculously easy, and they are all but useless for anything else, unless you want to fabricate a bunch of props.

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: December 07, 2013, 01:13:30 pm »

I murdered the giant pink pony dragon (I realized it didn't have cyborg attachments) and it dropped a two-handed axe called the Robotdude that sets shit on fire.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: December 07, 2013, 01:18:11 pm »

You know you can hit escape to skip the animation, right? It takes about 5-10 seconds after death to get back to the planet.

edit: escape ninjas

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: December 07, 2013, 01:23:55 pm »

There will never be a Bay12 server if people keep fracturing off.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:28 pm »

There will never be a Bay12 server if people keep fracturing off.
Well the server I used to be on is not up and running.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4304 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:58 pm »

I just discovered my first 2 Apex towns, on 2 planets in the same system. They are... awesome. Also, I love how I can steal everything, including what's nailed down, and they're fine with it as long as I don't draw my weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 565