Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944464 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4185 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »

Starbound seems to suffer from one of the early game problems Terraria had.

Which is that getting back from mining is a total pain.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:24 pm »

Ever wanted to know what happened when you reach the absolute bottom of a world?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can still swim, though, if there's swimmable stuff touching the bottom, too. Like lava.

I guess if there's a tech item that makes you fly or whatnot, it'd work as well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: December 07, 2013, 12:01:40 am »

FLORAN IS INCOMPETENT

HOW DO KILL UFO

Also got a bubblegun in a rainbow desert, as well as some neonmelon and sugar cane.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: December 07, 2013, 12:08:32 am »

I found a Floppy Lady's Hat. Now I have to try and save a backup of this character, in the slim chance that his inventory can somehow survive.

Quickly, file wizards! Where should I put this hat to give it a chance to survive?
Anyone? I hear that the next update will break everyone's characters. Seeing as how I just started getting enough iron and possibly silver to finally progress, is there any place I can try to place this stuff for after the update? Maybe storing everything in chests on this planet and writing down the coordinates?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:49 am »

Today I learned robot townspeople can kill you in one hit.

Also, you can cheese pretty much anything by burying yourself in sand or gravel.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: December 07, 2013, 12:12:24 am »

I found a Floppy Lady's Hat. Now I have to try and save a backup of this character, in the slim chance that his inventory can somehow survive.

Quickly, file wizards! Where should I put this hat to give it a chance to survive?
Anyone? I hear that the next update will break everyone's characters. Seeing as how I just started getting enough iron and possibly silver to finally progress, is there any place I can try to place this stuff for after the update? Maybe storing everything in chests on this planet and writing down the coordinates?

Personally I'm making a full backup of all the game files, so I can test the various possibilities without time constraints or having to get it right the first time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: December 07, 2013, 12:14:02 am »

Personally I'm making a full backup of all the game files, so I can test the various possibilities without time constraints or having to get it right the first time.

Since one of the purposes of the new update is to test progression, I'm going to make a new character.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: December 07, 2013, 12:18:10 am »

Since one of the purposes of the new update is to test progression, I'm going to make a new character.

Who said anything about not making new characters?

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: December 07, 2013, 12:18:11 am »

I'm fine with making a new character. I just don't want all this stuff I gathered (some useful, others purely cosmetic or decorative) to disappear into the ether. I will kinda miss his vaguely punkish look though.

@ FD: Which files should I grab? I don't think I can make a backup of the entire 3 gigs...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: December 07, 2013, 12:19:48 am »

I'm fine with making a new character. I just don't want all this stuff I gathered (some useful, others purely cosmetic or decorative) to disappear into the ether. I will kinda miss his vaguely punkish look though.

@ FD: Which files should I grab? I don't think I can make a backup of the entire 3 gigs...

The Character folder. Get the Universe folder as well if you're planning on stashing stuff in chests, though if your character doesn't work any more, it won't matter if the stuff was stored on your ship or on a planet.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:11 am »

So visiting a certain planet that you've previously altered with a new character won't show the stuff you've done? That's unfortunate. I wonder how one would transfer items between characters in that case.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:42 am »

What are some of the more impressive random weapons (or even hard-coded uniques) that people have found? Any explosive multi-shot shotguns? Acid-blob grenade launchers? Rocket sniper rifles? Just something really cool or funny or pretty?

And is the floran armour (with energy regen) any good? Is it fast enough at regenning, or just a mild perk? I'll probably play as an Apex (because I can make one that looks like a dwarf), but unlimited ammo sounds like the racial mod of choice.
It's a game. Have fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: December 07, 2013, 12:28:40 am »

So I blew a bunch of money I won't need when my Apex gets deleted (Alas, Zaius, you were the best orangutan hominid reference I never cared that much about).

Holding up a shield prevents energy regen... which is useless EXCEPT when you're immune to bullets and returning fire over the top of a shield with your machine pistol. This is my new favorite thing.

Guns seem to be pretty good versus about level-3 things right now, and kinda workable in of-level situations. Hopefully the combat revamp makes them a bit more effective all around, coz i REALLY want a shield and pistol forever now.

@Sirus, If anything might work, I'd try making a house on some level 1 planet's dropzone, stashing everything in it, screenshotting the coords, THEN backing up the universe file and trying to replace it when the new version hits, so nothing's attached to your character or ship. It still might not work depending on how they're re-scaling all the planets, but that seems like your best bet to me. Just be prepared to lose everything anyway if that doesn't work.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: December 07, 2013, 12:32:24 am »

Worth a shot. In fact, I just thought of something: making a backup of the character first, and THEN storing everything on the planet and making a backup of the Universe. Double the chances of things working out, right?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: December 07, 2013, 12:36:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Truly, the Apex citizens know the right questions to ask. With the approval of Big Ape, of course.

Also, fun fact: I killed the first town guard thinking he was an enemy. Whoops. :P
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 565