Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944850 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4156 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »

I found a place just like that 5 seconds ago! I'll start exploring it now.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: December 06, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »

If you are truly having too much trouble with the penguin UFO, go to the planet at these coordinated "x:59877410 y:-70634402" it is a level 10 planet and if you head left from the spawn you'll find an anchor, build a tower of dirt or whatever to reach an avian airship in the sky, on it you will find friendly avian pirates, one of which sells guns, the UFO was a piece of cake with a lv10 sniper rifle, which costed around 780 pixels i think.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4158 on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:28 pm »

There's several systems in that area, each with multiple planets, but none of them are at those exact coordinates.

Edit; never mind I'm dumb
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:53 pm »

._. So apparently it was ike some sort of underground base/bunker or something. Anyways twas full of money. And more guards. Who gave me a bit of a shock when one of them started yelling at me for killing one of their comrades. Managed to look some grenades a stim packs before they killed me
It's FEF, not FEOF

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: December 06, 2013, 10:38:00 pm »

Any tips for the robot?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: December 06, 2013, 10:43:12 pm »

Dire news everybody!
Apparently among the various balance issues in the game, one stood out more than others. It was practical, not over powering, and generally a nice feature, so they had to remove it. Yes, you can no longer 3D print seeds. Take that farmers!

Personally I would recommend heading to -94193821, -8608089, Alpha Tau And 01 II b, forest planet, threat level 8, purple ground color. There you will find an endless supply of plants that grow edible eyeballs. They are meant to be poisonous to non-Floran, but currently are fine to eat for everybody. Pretty easy to collect over 100 seeds to keep you growing. Other significant features include: An Apex town, an All Seering Cape that extends your sight range, and 10 platinum ore. Pretty sweet place.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: December 06, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: December 06, 2013, 10:49:22 pm »

Has anyone found a use for magmarock? I keep finding stalactites of the stuff that causes damage on touching, like ye hellstone of olde.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »

Damnm they're fast.

Has anyone found a use for magmarock? I keep finding stalactites of the stuff that causes damage on touching, like ye hellstone of olde.

It would be so awesome if magmarock did the same thing but, sadly, it does not seem to.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: December 06, 2013, 10:55:26 pm »

So over this weekend we’re going to work on the solution to this problem. We’re going to reduce the number of planet levels from 100, to 10. *This is not a decrease in the amount of content, it’s simply a change to how leveling functions*.  The smaller number of levels means that we can remove armor penetration entirely and simplify weapon damage. You’ll be able to directly compare weapon DPS which will now appear on the weapons tooltip. Armor will become easier to understand and will gain additional buffs, such as increasing player max health.  We’re also now able to remove armor from monsters and simply give more powerful monsters more health, this way you always know how much damage your weapon will do.

Monsters will no longer have a level, instead monsters will be given an easy/medium/hard marker, that shows you how difficult a monster is in the context of the sector it’s in. For example, a hard monster in sector 1 will be roughly the same strength as an easy monster in sector 2. The difficulty of monsters will increase the lower you dig, but so will the rewards.

Items with a static amount of damage will be manually balanced and useful for the entire sector you find them on. Given that the range of health difference will be lower now, we can ensure that items such as throwing daggers will be useful for the entire sector. We’re also able to make sure that when you craft the best armor in a sector, you’ll be in good shape for the next sector. By ensuring that the hardest monsters in sector 1 match the easiest monsters in sector 2, you’ll be able to progress without having to face instakills on either side.
Sounds pretty good. I'm curious to see how this affects the most imbalanced aspect of the game, bosses.
Also get ready to start again with a new character, sounds like an incompatible system upgrade.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: December 06, 2013, 10:56:05 pm »

On the one hand, they're fixing that. On the other, DAMN IT MY STUFF. Beta is beta n'all that jazz, but damn. I'd just gotten used to being a jetpacking machinegun wizard.

Yeah, I raided a level 40 Glitch castle and looted a full set of wizard's clothes, so I'll be styling until my character data is useless.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4167 on: December 06, 2013, 10:56:51 pm »

Yeah, he said characters will not carry over.

I honestly don't mind seeds being unprintable, stuff like wheat and carrots shoot out so many seeds it's not funny, and racial foods go into special foods that do more then heal and give health, so the seeds should be a little rarer. They will reproduce if you keep at it.

Annnd that new update looks great. Good to see they're on the ball with this!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »

I'm debating whether or not I should post it on steam forums to see people explode because of save wipes. There was pretty stupid discussions regarding that there.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: December 06, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »

I have a character backed up. Last update wiped the char, but I popped her into the player folder, and she worked just fine. Wonder if this new update can be cheesed the same way. :D
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 565