Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944526 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4140 on: December 06, 2013, 08:25:52 pm »

I can't tell if I'm just stupid or what, but I can't figure out the inventory.

So far, I've just kept everything in the numbered slots. Just now, however, I placed a 1h sword and a shield in the two middle slots. Those work fine, as do any two-handed item I select normally. All one-handed items that I may select take the place of my RMB. Pressing X at this time swaps my sword and shield, but the tool that I'm trying to use is still on RMB. That's... less than ideal. Am I just fundamentally misunderstanding what those two slots are for?

Edit:
Got it... I guess. Hit the number of the tool I'm currently holding and it rotates hands.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: December 06, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »

The spikey vines make it go faster.

Makes about as much sense as tentacle space elevators.
Speaking of those, dear god the tentacle planet music is worse than the Crimson music from Terraria ._. *cowers in fear*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »

So as it turns out the Avian sacrificial altar is currently the best bed in the game. It heals faster than everything I've tested, including the Impervium bed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: December 06, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »

So as it turns out the Avian sacrificial altar is currently the best bed in the game. It heals faster than everything I've tested, including the Impervium bed.
I'm using an Apex interrogation table at the moment, myself.

How does one use a blueprint?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: December 06, 2013, 09:06:56 pm »

Same way you eat stuff. Left click it, get message, find it in some crafting table, be happy.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: December 06, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »

Eat it, essentially.

Ninja'd

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

3. Run Resize Enable

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: December 06, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »

Success, finally figured out what I'm going to mod into the game, I'm going to make pixels a truly universal currency, so you can 3d print all basic materials. First thing I did now was made the refinery be able to take 5 dirt blocks and turn it into 1 pixel. While easy to do, it could take a bit, but being able to refine things you mine or farm and being able to 3d print them would take the game forward quite a bit. Next step...making it so you can 3d print coal as a test. I plan to have a base of 5 to 1 ratio meaning it would take 25 pixels to print copper ore.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: December 06, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »

Man, that UFO is bullshit. My girlfriend and I summoned it and it smashed our base, spawncamped us with Penguin-Tanks, and then teleported away for no reason when it was at 1 health bubble.

Apparently Starbound stops being a Terraria-clone right after we get the loot from that thing, but neither of us have any incentive to keep trying after that.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4149 on: December 06, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »

Yeah, the UFO particularly they really need to make less rediculous. The game is Terraria+ right up until you get that core, and it will murder you and your family to keep you from getting it.

Hopefully the balance fix tonight will address that, because it really needs addressing.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: December 06, 2013, 09:17:22 pm »

Yeah, the UFO particularly they really need to make less rediculous. The game is Terraria+ right up until you get that core, and it will murder you and your family to keep you from getting it.

Hopefully the balance fix tonight tomorrow afternoon will address that, because it really needs addressing.
Fixed.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: December 06, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »

Speaking of that, somehow, I just ridiculously cheesed the UFO fight, and I don't even know what happened.  I managed to get it down to 70% of its HP in a running fight (running off a mountain, to be precise), and everything just stopped.  The penguins stopped fighting me, and the UFO sat obligingly by as I filled it full of arrows.  Five or ten minutes of continuous shooting later, it simply died, without any fuss whatsoever.  Seriously, compare the three images; it's hard to tell since night fell in the time it took for me to finish it off, but they literally do not move at all. 

1 2 3
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:37:13 pm by Culise »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4152 on: December 06, 2013, 09:39:49 pm »

That is really wierd. It almost looks like it got caught on the edge of the hill, but even then...

Some pathing improvements would be nice for the bosses (once they get them to a more reasonable level). I kinda like that animals will fall in  "potholes" and kind've flounder around for a while, though. It's like laying traps for them!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: December 06, 2013, 09:46:33 pm »

In other news, does a multi server still exist?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: December 06, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »

I got the bugger stuck on a wall, then encased it in dirt, then sworded it to death. :V

Unrelated: Endgame is much, much more fun once you have level 40 guns. Nothing like flying around with infinite hover and a pair of machine pistols, like some sort of alt-universe Boba Fett. Sadly, as it turns out, you can't cut down trees with a machine gun.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 565