Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944697 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4065 on: December 06, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »

The game is not ready to be judged yet folks. It's still very much a work in progress and many core systems are going to see big changes. They want and need your feedback and ideas on the forums.

Valid point: are the SB guys following this forum? I know the B12 community has triggered a lot of major changes in other games before, but our might only makes a difference if they actually see our feedback.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »

The game is not ready to be judged yet folks. It's still very much a work in progress and many core systems are going to see big changes. They want and need your feedback and ideas on the forums.

This. All of the this.

Also, roughly what time of day did the patch come out yesterday?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:09 pm »

The balance is going to change, sure. They're not going to change what is clearly the core concept of the game, especially since so far they've indicated they actually plan on building on it and effectively forcing you into a 'main questline', haven't they?

I'm judging it from the perspective of knowing it is a beta. I'm not complaining about the lack of codex entries, the random jumps in balance, the desire for more content, etc. I'm approaching it from the perspective of a game that is still in development but has had most of the "core" work locked down. I'm approaching it like... a Beta, basically.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:35 pm »

Defeated the first boss by using lots of dirt to cover myself, red stimpacks and an Iron Hunting Bow.
So I crafted the thing to get to sector B..
Now I am pondering if I should start mining iron, to make steel. Or head straight for Sector B..

I thought the patch made it smash through blocks now? How did you shoot it enough with the iron bow to do that much damage? I hit it 60 times without damaging it even a single bar.

Oh yes, it did many times, but I built the dirt blocks up each time it destroyed them.
As for the Iron bow: Lots of patience.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 06, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »

Yeah, like I said, my only issue with the game (the balance) is easily rectified. It's not a major concern unless they actually keep it this way, which they won't unless they're insane.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: December 06, 2013, 03:03:50 pm »

Phew man setting up a server was hard. Everything is up now and I have a 24 hour dedicated server running for starbound. If anyone is interested PM me and or add me on steam
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 06, 2013, 03:05:42 pm »

So according to their main site, another patch might be up tonight. (Dec 6)

Coming tonight..

- Major work has gone into making the game work correctly onto windows XP (done, needs testing)

- Fixed (nerfed sorry), Snow infantry armor (done)

- Make matter blocks discover-able in a new dungeon (done)

- Experimenting with a new leveling/damage/armor curve (Thank you to Chewymouse) (done, needs testing)

- Complete ore rebalance (working on it)

Lots more to come, these balance issues are taking some time. I'll add to the list as more is added.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: December 06, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »

By the way, about tiers:

- Added a dumb, quick way to advance through some of the tier 4-10 content (armors, weapons), just for fun. Complete tiers of content are coming really soon. I’d like to get 1/2 tiers of content done per week. (done)

I think we should wait a while before condemning them.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 06, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »

Definitely out of this until inventory disappearing issues are fixed/boss updates. I'm not fighting the bosses all over again all the time because I lost a critical item.

I also found out what happened to my molten core forge.

I created it, plopped it in a storage to hold since my inventory was packed from mining out the planet below.

Cleaning ship out, moving furniture around, my inventory somehow gets entirely full. I clear out 4-5 spots and continue my reorganization, then take down the storage chest I had my forge in, figuring all the items would just get spit out for me to grab.

Lo and behold, it spits out about.. 70% of the things that were in it. The molten forge not being one of them.

This was right after I'd fought the UFO twice in a row because the first time I got killed and came back, it was just gone [so I had to farm all the pixels again].

Each fight took about ten minutes of clicking in a cheese-bunker to be able to actually kill the goddamn thing. Seriously, not doing that again.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:20:28 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 06, 2013, 03:20:40 pm »

While its nice to have a gun...
THEY ARE TERABAD... AP of 1!!! WTF??? How is that going to do any damage... FFS...

Buying gear on a level 1 planet = AP of 1
Find an anchor on a higher level planet.
Oh I know, but still... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: December 06, 2013, 03:23:02 pm »

Leather armor nerf in tonight's patch. Good thing I got my core this morning.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: December 06, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »

Started a new character... First chest, Legendary Sword (Soul Caliber eye looky thing) Spits 3 short balls of stuff too. Continue travels, find two Drone Buildings, ok items there. Travel Further, Avian Airship....

ALL STARTING PLANET!!!

care to share the cords?
-48973458, 73145902
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4077 on: December 06, 2013, 03:25:10 pm »

How do you make the leather armor by the way? I have a bunch of leather, no idea what to do with it.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 06, 2013, 03:26:45 pm »

You have to make a yarn spinner with wood at a crafting table.

Yarn spinner is useful in general since it can be used to make bandages, which are very useful.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:44 pm »

You don't make bandages in the loom anymore. All you need now is the plant fiber.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 565