Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944853 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3810 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »

Well, I got it. Now to waste the next few weeks of my life...

On a related note, it's really quite a dangerous thing how easy it is to purchase things on the internet. If you've used a credit card once, many sites will even save it for you, so you don't even have to take the five seconds to type the number in again. Far too easy...

I don't know if you guys are adding each other on Steam, but feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079017859/

I'll start playing as soon as it finishes downloading, although it looks like that might take a while...

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

God, I need FIVE MORE COPPER ORE to make my chestplate, but I can't find a single bit of it now.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 05, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »

I think we might actually have several... but fivex's server seems to be the most popular at the moment? Maybe?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

Has anyone figured out what these things do? Anything at all other than release some poison/ice trap? If they do nothing else, it's kinda stupid, 'cause you have to manually active them to make them go off in the first place.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: December 05, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »

I really need a shield and there are none. Or a gun. You do not bring an axe to a gun fight.

I found a shield, but I haven't tested to see if it's functional yet. They are out there, but they are also rather rare...

Were you one of the folks who could get a server working? If we manage to meet up at some point, it's yours. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 05, 2013, 03:33:16 pm »

Has anyone figured out what these things do? Anything at all other than release some poison/ice trap? If they do nothing else, it's kinda stupid, 'cause you have to manually active them to make them go off in the first place.

I got a jump buff from one, but unless I'm missing something somewhere I think it was temporary. another one set me on fire, so...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »

These are status box, they give you status buff/debuff from fire to regen to high speed running, seem there is a bigguer chance for bad thing to happen tho.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 05, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »

Good to know. Yeah, so far I haven't gotten a single buff. They don't seem worth it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 05, 2013, 03:36:23 pm »

Finally got a shield and went up a chain to buy guns from my bird folk.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 05, 2013, 03:36:35 pm »

Just known of another case of someone getting their inventory wiped for no apparent reason.

I suggest making backups of your players folder before launching the game, and not overwriting the backups because I don't know if it wipes when it saves or when it loads.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3820 on: December 05, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »

Good to know. Yeah, so far I haven't gotten a single buff. They don't seem worth it.
They can also affect enemies if you time it right, although the one time I did that I ended up giving the thing a speed buff and got murdered.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:41 pm »

Just known of another case of someone getting their inventory wiped for no apparent reason.

I suggest making backups of your players folder before launching the game, and not overwriting the backups because I don't know if it wipes when it saves or when it loads.

Backup everything. Different things are stored in different places.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3822 on: December 05, 2013, 03:47:01 pm »

Just beamed down to a threat level 2 forest world and found
Spoiler: this thing (click to show/hide)
right by spawn
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: December 05, 2013, 03:50:16 pm »

They shoot really slowly and have slow tracking.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: December 05, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »

An Apex structure with STUFF? HERESY!

X3

Meanwhile, I'm just stuck underground in an ice world with insufficiently warm clothing and no way of return. Currently sitting and farming because hungry Floran.

At least I got lots of ore.

Oh, and I found the Crimson. :I
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 565