Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945310 times)

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3795 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:02 pm »

where did you find the flying pirate ship?

do you have to build up into the sky?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: December 05, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »

where did you find the flying pirate ship?

do you have to build up into the sky?
Nah, I was wandering around and there was a giant anchor with a chain leading up.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 05, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »

Tweaked the UFO boss to make him smash blocks. (done)
No more hiding in the house to heal up.  ;_;

Note to self: do not fight the UFO next to my base. 

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 05, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »

Fight the boss NOW. Hurry.

Also, my axe is full of burning. Far better than the starter sword with a similar swing.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 05, 2013, 02:18:53 pm »

Heh, I can't for several hours, and my computer is set to auto-update without my involvement.  Besides, I already tried once and got unceremoniously swatted (several times, before the UFO eventually just flew off), so I have to collect everything I need for it again along with enough extra iron to upgrade my copper armor. 

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: December 05, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »

I really need a shield and there are none. Or a gun. You do not bring an axe to a gun fight.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3801 on: December 05, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »

Question: Is the price on this game going to increase once it's out of beta?

I'm definitely going to get it, but I have so many other games I should be playing at the moment, and I don't really have much in the way of extra cash lying around, so it makes sense for me to wait and buy it when it's more complete. But if it's going to get more expensive, then I should suck it up and buy it now. But if I buy it now, I'll certainly end up playing it now, and all my other new shiny games will go neglected....

I might be overthinking this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: December 05, 2013, 02:25:35 pm »

Found a penal institution. Opened the door. Got oneshotted.

ONE DAY!

One thing I actually miss is being able to run around the surface and cut grass with your sword. I hope they do that sometime. It's just somehow satisfactory.

I played this with my friends, it took two shots to kill us. Since we have the habit of not healing until near death, one shot.
It's funny because in this case, eventually who has a shield will tank on, specially bullets. I found it interesting.

Also, I find it weird that you can just land and moons and BREATHE and stuff, maybe atmosphere and instadeath on moon without EVA is not implemented?
I hope it's planned. Would be cool..
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Sorry guys my home computer just freaked out hardcore, ill be turning on the server in a couple of hours once i clear some stuff up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 05, 2013, 02:36:45 pm »

Farming IS worth it, guys. I got 20 bandages out of my last crop alone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Question: Is the price on this game going to increase once it's out of beta?

I'm definitely going to get it, but I have so many other games I should be playing at the moment, and I don't really have much in the way of extra cash lying around, so it makes sense for me to wait and buy it when it's more complete. But if it's going to get more expensive, then I should suck it up and buy it now. But if I buy it now, I'll certainly end up playing it now, and all my other new shiny games will go neglected....

I might be overthinking this.

IIRC, it's going to be... a five dollar increase. Nothing too steep, but it's definitely worth the money right now if you want to play.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3805 on: December 05, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

Monsters now have a small chance to drop meat when killed with normal weapons. (done)

Bandages are now craftable with 4 plant fibres, no longer require fabric (done)

Monsters now have a 70% chance to drop meat when killed with a hunting weapon, up from 50% (done)

This pleases me.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: December 05, 2013, 02:41:26 pm »

I've found a castle on my starting planet full of Glitches and guards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there anyway to move where you beam down to a planet? I wouldn't mind making the castle my home.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: December 05, 2013, 02:52:50 pm »

Did anyone post this yet? A friend gave me the link:
The changes for a patch that's coming 'tonight', it seems..

I'm very happy with the changes, they adressed the top complaints it seems, without making the game easier.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:58:22 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 05, 2013, 02:57:54 pm »

One thing I actually miss is being able to run around the surface and cut grass with your sword. I hope they do that sometime. It's just somehow satisfactory.
You can still do that, if you find a planet with long grass. I was just doing it last night (on an arid planet, nonetheless! Surprisingly verdant desert!)

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 05, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »

I like the villages and houses, labs, etc but the rest of the game is a terraria style slog, so far.  I want to be rapidly fighting my way through planets, looting their precious furniture and scanning it.  Instead I'm running back and forth to kill critters, having to slog back through dozens of the bastards if I die in a cool place I'm exploring, and mining copper and iron, of which TONS is required.

Why don't I have a gun.  Can I please have a gun and some ceramic armor?  Do I really have to grind copper and iron to get enough armor to go check out the underground alien egg pits?
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 565