Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944886 times)

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3750 on: December 05, 2013, 11:20:01 am »

Anyone know where to get a Superior Brain?

Also, are there any items that help you when digging straight down?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:12 am »

server is <IP Address>
That's probably a bad idea right now.  With no server protection, an openly available IP means everyone can come around and muck your server and you can't actually do anything about it.
I can actually just through IP blocking, i haven't found anyone yet blowing stuff up in general and besides this is a test server and this game breaks hard.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:40 am »

Anyone know where to get a Superior Brain?

Also, are there any items that help you when digging straight down?

The pickaxe clears a 3x3 block of rock, and even the stone is faster than the default tool. Not sure what else to suggest.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: December 05, 2013, 11:22:33 am »

server is <IP Address>
That's probably a bad idea right now.  With no server protection, an openly available IP means everyone can come around and muck your server and you can't actually do anything about it.
I can actually just through IP blocking, i haven't found anyone yet blowing stuff up in general and besides this is a test server and this game breaks hard.
To join, must we use new characters?
I am ok with that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:26:11 am by Ultimuh »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:00 am »

Where do you even find/make a shield?
I found both of mine in chests/dropped from humanoid enemies.

@Tiruin: Furniture direction corresponds to the direction you face when placing it, IIRC.

Spoiler: Home sweet home. (click to show/hide)

e: Re: Multiplayer servers: I'd really rather not have a restriction on new characters only, because the grind is bloody painful.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:28:00 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28:01 am »

server is <IP Address>
To join, must we use new characters?
I am ok with that.
I dunno yet, when i joined it was a toxic system with 2 planets that were eaten up pretty quickly by 6 people, i dunno where it sets the planets from but it might be easier to start with some of the quests done.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: December 05, 2013, 11:29:51 am »

I dunno yet, when i joined it was a toxic system with 2 planets that were eaten up pretty quickly by 6 people, i dunno where it sets the planets from but it might be easier to start with some of the quests done.

Well I have not done the first boss quest with my main yet. His name is Cor Umbar by the way.

edit: Hmm.. can't seem to join for some reason..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:49:01 am by Ultimuh »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: December 05, 2013, 11:40:58 am »

Oh, that's another good point. If you've got a bunch of people all trying to finish their beacon, you'll run out of resources in the system pretty quickly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: December 05, 2013, 11:58:34 am »

Surface available resources, yes. But there's more down below. Everyone get together on a mine shaft and just radiate out from that central shaft and you all should find what you need.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »

Surface available resources, yes. But there's more down below. Everyone get together on a mine shaft and just radiate out from that central shaft and you all should find what you need.

And honestly given how LOOOOOOOONG it takes to mine... tag team mining is greatly appreciated.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:10 pm »

I like the heat system... It'd be good if they explained it to you early on, but it actually gives some sort of threat to the night.

The world I first spawned on isn't exactly great. I can only go to the right, because on the left there's a hill with a valley with a cave on the bottom behind it, which is constantly full of monsters :/

I've died like 10 times already.

E:

Also, the main menu music reminds me of when I first played Minecraft, back in Alpha when it was relatively unknown. And that peaceful music. Good times, :')
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:22:15 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: December 05, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »

server is <IP Address>

To expand on how bad of an idea this is with an unfinished beta product, there could always be a bug where 'if I send command X I can run whatever code I want' that allows them to do bad things to your computer as a whole, not just the game itself.

Paranoid, yes, but keep that in mind with such a rough beta.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: December 05, 2013, 12:15:30 pm »

Bay12 you have lied to me this is literally Terraria with better music and changed backgrounds and stuff

I can't even mine the trees with my matter manipulator so I'm sitting in a dirt shack slowly starving to death

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: December 05, 2013, 12:16:50 pm »

I can't even mine the trees with my matter manipulator

Yes you can, it just takes like 20-30 seconds per tree.  The tree will start shaking more and more violently as you "mine" it.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

Alright, my server is back up. Sorry about that, my power apparently went out while I was sleeping.
As before, PM me if you want the IP.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 565