Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944840 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3675 on: December 05, 2013, 03:06:48 am »

So there's a desert planet in the same system as my starting planet...and its nearly covered in bones so far as I can tell. Thinking of building a fortress of evil or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:21 am »

Oh, and I got about 3000 pix from that castle's inhabitants and storage stuff. Quite a nice haul, especially since the place itself is really elaborately decorated and massive.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:43 am »

So... Has anybody yet climbed up into orbit?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: December 05, 2013, 03:58:22 am »

Preliminary testing on the tablet. Somewhat surprisingly, it works. Somewhat unsurprisingly, it loads about ten times faster than on my laptop. I guess I can add the SSD harddrive to the list of advantages of this tablet over my laptop. Quite neat, even if it does run a bit slower.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: December 05, 2013, 04:07:42 am »

So my starting planet was a peaceful forest and boring as hell. I was about to try somewhere else when I dug through a cave in a last ditch effort for coal and iron.

An hour later I've discovered the core of my planet is corrupted with flesh chunks, bleeding tree roots hanging from the ceiling, tentacle-legged dimetrodons, and muthafuckin blind cave tyrannosaurs. I also found a sword that's a flesh-covered jawbone with an eye on the side of it that sprays blood clouds.

Apparently Dr Zaius the Apex got a pretty hardcore tutorial world.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3680 on: December 05, 2013, 04:19:32 am »

Wait, can you actually dig to the core of a world? Is it a distinct place? Or are you just saying you found it deep underground?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: December 05, 2013, 04:21:47 am »

Anyone know what the ~550mb patch I just got for this game does?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: December 05, 2013, 04:23:14 am »

I think my glitch character accidentally deforested her starting world completely already. I also managed to get to the core. Just a magma sea. Small ass planet I got myself parked on to start.

I think it's time to pull all the coal I can out of the dirt, pack everything back up and pull right out.

Anyone know what the ~550mb patch I just got for this game does?

Lots of crash fixes apparently. And my game runs at a smoother frame rate now too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: December 05, 2013, 04:24:28 am »

So is it wise to shoot off to the beta sector right after you unlock it? Because that's what I just did, and I'm kind of scared now.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:33 am »

Wait, can you actually dig to the core of a world? Is it a distinct place? Or are you just saying you found it deep underground?

I went down pretty deep, but no idea if the core is separate or not. I did notice much richer minerals after a certain point though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: December 05, 2013, 04:31:38 am »

So is it wise to shoot off to the beta sector right after you unlock it? Because that's what I just did, and I'm kind of scared now.
Only if you have a lot of coal and iron.
I went to a threat level 12 planet and the creatures there were pretty much unkillable. I would attack them and they would loose no health at all. Then I made some steel, got a tier 2 weapon, and was able to kill them in two hits. Granted I'm a glass cannon, but still a huge improvement.

Also mine all the gold you can get, that is important.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:28 am »

Awesome, thanks. Related question, does armor actually do anything at the moment? I'm not noticing much of a difference.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: December 05, 2013, 04:40:35 am »

Yes, it is very, very important.
What sort of armor are you using?

Also interesting note: Damage isn't a very good indicator of just how good a weapon is, but rather how that weapon should be used. Two similar weapons of different tiers will actually have the same damage rating, and a 1h tier 2 sword will often have lower damage than a 2h tier 1 sword. The more important factor for figuring out how strong a weapon is seems to be its armor penetration.
Also personal style, I have personally found 2h swords to be the best, most versatile option so far most of the time.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3688 on: December 05, 2013, 04:55:33 am »

I went down pretty deep, but no idea if the core is separate or not. I did notice much richer minerals after a certain point though.

Hmmmm, I might have to see for myself. Thanks!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: December 05, 2013, 05:16:34 am »

So Starbound is pretty cool after playing for about 20 minutes, but I'm just so laggy I'm playing the game in stuttery slowmo.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 565