Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944856 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3645 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:53 am »

Wow the game realy gets nuts once you pick up the molten core. I don't even know what to start with.
Wait, do you have to go to the Beta sector to move beyond gold pick/silver armor/iron weapons?

Also, to whoever wanted to know how to make foods: Go to your crafting table, make a cooking table.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: December 05, 2013, 01:09:29 am »

There... I did it... I killed your god damn ship. Are you happy chucklefish? You take the prize from Relogic for "Company most willing to increase difficulty just to prove how hardcore their game is"

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:15 am »

Does anyone have a server running yet, or is that not practical/possible at the moment?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:59 am »

Found out what the scythe does... It is basically like a sword in that in has an arc, but with the damage of a spear, at the coat of shorter reach. Pretty awesome weapon against enemies that like to jump, while the spear is better for charging creatures, and the sword remains best for airborn foes.

So, it sounds identical to the axe. I wonder if that stats vary at all.

Either way, they're very difficult weapons to use- the lack of range is what you pay for their economy. On the other hand, the axe is really encouraging me to evaluate my strategies, which is not something I do often. :P

One thing I've discovered: if you swing and then charge forward yourself, you can often get the edge against chargers and moving enemies, too!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: December 05, 2013, 01:21:08 am »

Does anyone have a server running yet, or is that not practical/possible at the moment?
im done for the night but i will be back up tomorrow tellehome.myvnc.com, its round 2 after that massive update so i wonder how its going to perform now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: December 05, 2013, 01:25:03 am »

Due to servers having zero protection, probably don't want to post your IP very visibly...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: December 05, 2013, 01:26:12 am »

Either way, they're very difficult weapons to use- the lack of range is what you pay for their economy. On the other hand, the axe is really encouraging me to evaluate my strategies, which is not something I do often. :P

One thing I've discovered: if you swing and then charge forward yourself, you can often get the edge against chargers and moving enemies, too!
Damage of 28
Armor penetration of 5
Speed of 1.41

How about your axe?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:25 am »

Man, stuck at uni at the moment. Anyone found patch notes yet? A friend that I got the game for got the windows XP freeze at logo and I wanna know if that's been fixed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:17 am »

Due to servers having zero protection, probably don't want to post your IP very visibly...
If shit comes to worst i can block via IP and even in dire situations i will fuck up the other end of the connection

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:20 am »

I've been running a server for a while.
PM me for the IP

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: December 05, 2013, 01:39:42 am »

Damage of 28
Armor penetration of 5
Speed of 1.41

How about your axe?

The axe (iron) was 25, 5, 1.33. SO that Scythe is definitely a cut above the rest, unless it's also a higher tier. I'm doing pretty poorly right now, or was until desperation forced me to master the iron bow and hunt everything in sight for an hour or two.

Shooting down automatic-wielding Apex rebels with bow and arrow is pretty darn satisfying. BD
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: December 05, 2013, 01:41:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: December 05, 2013, 01:41:50 am »

So I just started playing today and found some interesting things like a boat anchro set in an open plains (have yet to build up to see if there's a spaceboat or something) and some kind of underground sludge biome thingy. iron is rather rare it seems.

It also appears that you can't make an iron pickaxe, but you can make them out of silver and gold etc.

Also, spears would probably be more useful if you could actually aim them maybe?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3658 on: December 05, 2013, 01:42:26 am »

I did a starbound safari!

Not a whole lot but I was distracted with actually playing the game.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: December 05, 2013, 01:44:34 am »

The axe (iron) was 25, 5, 1.33. SO that Scythe is definitely a cut above the rest, unless it's also a higher tier. I'm doing pretty poorly right now, or was until desperation forced me to master the iron bow and hunt everything in sight for an hour or two.

Shooting down automatic-wielding Apex rebels with bow and arrow is pretty darn satisfying. BD
Na, the scythe is iron tier. Although like most Hylotl weapons, there is a delay on the attack, meaning you need to very carefully time your attacks before hand, you can't spam and pray.

Although speaking of tiers, how do I make steel?
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 565