Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945322 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3600 on: December 04, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »

Ugh, I can't find where my keycode is :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: December 04, 2013, 10:21:04 pm »

Wait, these weapons names...OK, I think that if this is Floran-specific, they have some of the best weapons names ever.  Poker, Slicer, Smacker, Curvy Slice, Big Slicer, Choppy Thing...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: December 04, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

I don't think they're race specific. Mine's the Drowning Stabber.

Ooh, just found a frog-priest underground. He's selling bombs, lanterns, and gold & silver pickaxes.  :D

well, it has been sitting in a chest for who knows how many eons, stands to reason that it has lost its power I guess...

I think the gimmick is that it shoots a giant ball of fire that is about twice the size I am... Except it does about 9 damage.
Don't be so quick to dismiss it. The legendary sword I found also has worse base stats than the starter, but it's much better in combat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: December 04, 2013, 10:26:53 pm »

Nope, I tried it out. It is pretty worthless. Enemies I was otherwise one hit killing were giving me trouble with that thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »

CHECK THY EMAIL D:
Or.
ASK FOR ANOTHER RESEND!  :'(
Also thanks so much for that gift by the way if I didn't say so before and thanks!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3605 on: December 04, 2013, 10:32:07 pm »

Wait, these weapons names...OK, I think that if this is Floran-specific, they have some of the best weapons names ever.  Poker, Slicer, Smacker, Curvy Slice, Big Slicer, Choppy Thing...

I think it's... sort've specific. Someone mentioned humans, at least, had "spear" instead of poker, for instance. Apex might too? Glitch maybe? I suppose I'll have to report back when I find enough iron for an anvil.

You might give support a shot, they've been pretty cool about lost codes if you can prove you bought it. I never got an e-mail for the code either, I just found it at the URL you could grab the soundtrack at before.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:10 pm »

Stasis pod, press e, POISON CLOUD IN YOUR FACE!

Then find another, and it heals all the damage.
They also inflict burning and haste.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »

I tunneled under the simian base and an alligator looking thing showed up. It's a good thing I made that sewer for it.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: December 04, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

I think it's... sort've specific. Someone mentioned humans, at least, had "spear" instead of poker, for instance. Apex might too? Glitch maybe? I suppose I'll have to report back when I find enough iron for an anvil.

You might give support a shot, they've been pretty cool about lost codes if you can prove you bought it. I never got an e-mail for the code either, I just found it at the URL you could grab the soundtrack at before.

We Glitch are pretty mundane in our weapon names. The first sword, for instance, is "Default." It 2-hand variant is Default 2.0. :P

No spears, though...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3609 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:14 pm »

Hmmm, looks like there is some variation then!

also glitch supremecy

Also while I'm here, has anyone had luck with farms? I can't seem to get any productts out of them, and some aren't growing at all, notably my chilli peppers. Is there some notable way to tell when a crop is fully grown?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:47 pm »

We Glitch are pretty mundane in our weapon names. The first sword, for instance, is "Default." It 2-hand variant is Default 2.0. :P

No spears, though...
You don't get spears?
My seastaff has become a favorite! Although the Swashbuckler is still my go to...

Samurai fish is where its at!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: December 04, 2013, 10:48:25 pm »

Some plants seem to stay at the second-to-last stage for a day or more. There's gotta be some way to grow them faster.

My seastaff has become a favorite! Although the Swashbuckler is still my go to...

Samurai fish represent. Speaking of which:

There's no way the artist wasn't thinking it when this headpiece got drawn up.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: December 04, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

also glitch supremecy

Also while I'm here, has anyone had luck with farms? I can't seem to get any productts out of them, and some aren't growing at all, notably my chilli peppers. Is there some notable way to tell when a crop is fully grown?

I've managed to grow some wheat- you can pick the golden stalks with "e" I believe. What you actually do with it afterwards is anyone's guess.

No spears, though...
You don't get spears?

Well, Glitch get
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Samurai fish would have been my next choice, however. :P

Also! Has anyone been examining their surroundings? It seems like most dungeon props have unique racial description. I love the "Elcor thing" Glitch commentary has going for it. ^^
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: December 04, 2013, 10:51:55 pm »

also glitch supremecy

1. Crops only grow when you're nearby.
2. They still can take a loooong time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:27 pm »

Well, Glitch get
Oh yea? Well Hylotl get
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 565