Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944863 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3525 on: December 04, 2013, 07:13:47 pm »

So far I don't like the sleep mechanic... Waiting to heal like this is boring really.

Also looking for a better sword, so far still using default, but I have made a set of armor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

Also you can use wood as fuel...

MUCH MUCH more effective than using coal.

Make sure you collect as much plant fibers as possible... since it can be unusually uncommon and sleeping every few steps is annoying.

So far I don't like the sleep mechanic... Waiting to heal like this is boring really

I am half-convinced it isn't meant to be your main source of healing... it is just how things work out in the early game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:27 pm »

I don't remember placing a torch that far west. Did I just walk all the way around the planet?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 04, 2013, 07:24:56 pm »

So far I don't like the sleep mechanic... Waiting to heal like this is boring really

I am half-convinced it isn't meant to be your main source of healing... it is just how things work out in the early game.

Plant fibers -> fabric -> bandages

Plus, fibers are farmable.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 04, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »

Fibers are SLOOOOOOOWLY farmable... you will never get a good amount compared to just finding them underground.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »

I don't remember placing a torch that far west. Did I just walk all the way around the planet?
Yes you did. The planet is round.

Fibers are SLOOOOOOOWLY farmable... you will never get a good amount compared to just finding them underground.
Eh, you can grow your farm over time.
Trees, however, don't seem renewable.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:39 pm »

I swear I say mini-trees before... it might be that they just grow SLOOOOWLY!!! or yeah maybe never.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »

I have to say hosting the game doesn't take too much work off on my computer so today is a success, how many people had connected so far?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »

Fixed the sword problem! I ended up crafting one that cost 300 pixels, but I'm killing night creatures in one hit, so that is nice. The problem is that there is a delay on the swing, so you need to time your attack carefully.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 04, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »

I've only read a few pages back, but so far nobody is mentioning how the controls feel and stuff like that. Can I take that to mean it all feels pleasant and smooth? No annoying things, laggy movement, weird jumping, stuff like that?

That's always been my biggest fear. I'm holding out until the 2nd phase, which is the only reason I haven't found out the answer to this myself yet.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 04, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »

Also don't underestimate the penetration value... It seems to increase damage somehow.

Huh? also yeah there is laggymovement in enemies who sometimes just move about jarringly and seem to teleport to hit you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3536 on: December 04, 2013, 07:44:31 pm »

I've only read a few pages back, but so far nobody is mentioning how the controls feel and stuff like that. Can I take that to mean it all feels pleasant and smooth? No annoying things, laggy movement, weird jumping, stuff like that?

That's always been my biggest fear. I'm holding out until the 2nd phase, which is the only reason I haven't found out the answer to this myself yet.
I haven't noticed any major problems with the controls myself, lack of ability to rebind them is irritating though as I've grown used to having my inventory on b, but as is they don't seem too bad.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 04, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

I stuffed a hunk of coal into my ship in the hopes that one of my planet's moons had more trees than the planet itself.

I left said moon with a sword that, if I'm positioned just right, can mine out 40 blocks in a semicircle in front of me. It also hurls out four green bones that damage enemies.

RE controls: hold shift and you walk. It makes fine movement easier.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 04, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »

Aside from the mystery anchor, my start planet is empty. No civilizations.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3539 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:24 pm »

Observation, Snow planets are dangerous. Barely got an igloo built in time to not freeze to death.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 565