Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944556 times)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #3510 on: December 04, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

Yeah, a snow flake meter rising and the screen turns bluish would have made a far better visual queue.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:45 pm »

I am playing as a purple avian in a skirt and head-throw-type-dealie that show off his abs magnificently. I was at first sceptical about wearing armour, but then found out that your armour is not necessarily what is showing on your character. That is a feature that I wouldn't even have considered as being a solution for my problem.

EDIT: Also the fluff (as in the story kind, not the feathery kind) for avians is pretty interesting.
I am... also basically that but female. You should come join fivex's game! :^

qurvax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 04, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »

This game is a thing! Died to some bird spewing some toxic shit. Then got buried in gravel. Then made nice discovery that there are some non hostile mobs (even tho they look scarry!), and found my first legendary weapon. And a [craphammer]. Yep, it's what the description say. Die-lol-die again. So far so good. And not a single crash, except when exiting long session. I hope my save is still valid...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 04, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »

You should come join fivex's game! :^

I may be back on in a bit. It was fun playing with you guys.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: December 04, 2013, 06:45:10 pm »

Got it downloaded, working fine (at least in singleplayer, haven't tried multi) for me.  :)

Started as an apex, first planet a purpley-earthed creation with many eyeball-bearing trees (which I cut down for wood and tasty, tasty eyes  :P).  Ran into an avian farmer who muttered some rebellious-for-his-kind statements at me, but seemed friendly enough.  I basically lodged in his house like an unwelcome yet un-thrown-out houseguest - stealing his torches, sleeping in his bed, but he seemed happy with the arrangement.

Then he got killed by a shell-backed dinosaur and I mourned briefly...but, hey, free house!

And then, as if triggered by some unknown event, lots and lots of hylotls started showing up.  Hostile.  And attacking me.

So with true ape-like fury I carved a bloody swathe through them with my broken sword.

No damn fish are going to get in my way!  Now if I could only find some silver somewhere...

Enjoying the same so far.  No technical glitches at my end.

Edit: hylotl spelling!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:52:12 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:51 pm »

I have no fucking idea where you get minerals. Seriously, the planets are BARREN.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: December 04, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »

No technical glitches at my end.
Pun intended?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:29 pm »

Having great fun. Another nice bit is that the Scavenger armor (iron) for humans looks awesome. So does my sword.

I really like how the tiers work, the way they prevent you from just skipping the first few metals once you know how. Got my beacon ready, just going to arm up for it. But for now I'm off to grab a bite to eat, then hopping onto Fivex's server. I also found a neat little secret about a certain biome type.

Here's my SP. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: December 04, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »

I have no fucking idea where you get minerals. Seriously, the planets are BARREN.

Coal and copper have been abundant on my world, but I've yet to spy any iron. About to dig an old-fashioned Terraria style pit and see if things change much the further you go.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: December 04, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »

No technical glitches at my end.
Pun intended?

Not intended, but happy it happened!  :P

Coal and copper have been abundant on my world, but I've yet to spy any iron. About to dig an old-fashioned Terraria style pit and see if things change much the further you go.

I found small deposits of iron in the upper layers of my world, often near coal and/or copper.  Haven't dug down very far - surface roaming and short cave dives might turn some up for you.  But yeah, I haven't found huge amounts.  Still trying to work towards building my
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: December 04, 2013, 06:54:59 pm »

My spawn world was kind of boring, so I went to an threatlevel 1 arid world and found an interesting mini-biome.
This seem to be mineable.. Perhaps I'll build something grand with this material, in a near future.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:59:59 pm by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: December 04, 2013, 06:55:13 pm »

Whoever's still on their first world: the distress beacon mission is NOT kidding about being prepared. Build armor and an iron bow at least

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

Guys if anyone is interested I'm setting up a dedicated server tomorrow. If you are message me and I will give out the address
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: December 04, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

On another note, underground sand/gravel caves are fucking terrifying if you accidentally destabilize them. I'll go ahead and call it a resonance cascade, because that's the level of freakout we're talking about here.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3524 on: December 04, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »

So I found a one handed mushroom sword that shoots beams of energy about ten screens away from my spawnpoint, 's pretty sweet. Haven't actually gotten around to crafting anything more than a workbench though.

Also you can rip the backwall from your ship, the hylotl one at least.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:09:51 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 565