Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945013 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Commencing countdown... Engines on!
« Reply #3045 on: December 01, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »

Is multiplayer in the first release?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 01, 2013, 02:15:02 pm »

Is multiplayer in the first release?
Given they've had multiplayer streams, I would assume so.
They've also had streams but not released it.  Last I heard, multiplayer wasn't in for a while, but then again I heard that a while ago.

If we're doing a multiplayer stream, I'd suggest one or multiple people start recording (because at least one will have software problems and not record it) and also capture the audio from teamspeak or somesuch.  And I'd be willing to get in on this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 01, 2013, 02:18:49 pm »

Pretty sure this was linked before, but have it again. Explicitly stated, and I quote:
Quote from: mollygos
Is multiplayer in for beta?​
Yes!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:56 pm »

My exams are starting soon, but we should organize this. What time are we starting? (In which timezone?)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: December 01, 2013, 02:24:15 pm »

Anybody know the system requirements for this? This looks amazing, but I don't want to buy something that might not work on my ancient and craptastic laptop... :-\
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 01, 2013, 02:25:32 pm »

Barring lol timezones I'd be up for this - I've streamed before with reasonable quality and I have a decent idea of how to get it working for things.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 01, 2013, 02:26:11 pm »

I can't find my protein pills or my helmet, but I'm ready for this anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 01, 2013, 02:29:45 pm »

Anybody know the system requirements for this? This looks amazing, but I don't want to buy something that might not work on my ancient and craptastic laptop... :-\
Insofar as a quick check could tell, there hasn't been anything definite stated, yet. Closest I've seen to a benchmark is that it's apparently able to run on a macbook Air, whatever the blazes that is. There's a non-negligible chance, though, especially early on, that performance won't be all that impressive. Push comes to shove, us lower end folk might have to wait until the second beta phase or full, post-optimization, release.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 01, 2013, 02:55:17 pm »

Also, a bit off topic, but what program do you use to edit videos? I've been set up to livestream for a bit (though have never really started), but I haven't really though about recording.
Also, if I do choose to livestream, is it easy to save the videos?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 01, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

A MacBook Air, per the Apple site, has a dualcore Core i5 @1.3GHz, and 4Gb RAM, with an Intel HD5000 GPU.

That's less CPU power (though a somewhat higher-tier GPU) than the tablet I mentioned.

Someone should try it on an Atom-based ultrabook or tablet - if it runs on that, it should run pretty much anywhere.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3055 on: December 01, 2013, 03:21:12 pm »

Well, turns out I'm working all day on the 4th (10 to 8, west coast). I can do something really early in the morning or really late, but I'd have more time on the 5th.

I use Nvidia's Shadow play thingie to record most of my videos, and fraps for live commentary (It still captures voice at 1 FPS; that adds up to no loss of performance). Then I use Adobe's stuff I to combine the two. Shadow play doesn't recognize a lot of games though, so in that case I use fraps and another audio recording program for the live commentary. I record my voice commentary separately because I tend to say some really stupid stuff, and it allows me to do some post commentary without muting in-game volume.

I'm on my phone right now, but I know of a few free screen capture and video editing programs if you want them, in case you didn't want to buy or "find" the fancier programs. Most of them are comparable to non-free ones, the only difference I've noticed is less compatibility and a steeper learning curve.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 01, 2013, 03:22:24 pm »

Holy shit. I just checked the calender, and the 4th is my day off.

The one day I get at home each week.

This must be fate :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

A MacBook Air, per the Apple site, has a dualcore Core i5 @1.3GHz, and 4Gb RAM, with an Intel HD5000 GPU.

That's less CPU power (though a somewhat higher-tier GPU) than the tablet I mentioned.

Someone should try it on an Atom-based ultrabook or tablet - if it runs on that, it should run pretty much anywhere.

I have 1.86GHz Pentium dual core, 2gb RAM, and a mobile 965 express chipset GPU (yup, it's an old Toshiba Satellite)... unless the game requires 4gb RAM minimum, then I might be alright, yeah?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 01, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

Gah, screw system reqs.
Though I do wonder if it would run on my Made-in-R'lyeh crapsack...

In any case, I'm kind of hyped, but not really. Hype stopped being my thing apparently.
Guess it has to do with B12, being such a calm place and all.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 01, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »

I have 1.86GHz Pentium dual core, 2gb RAM, and a mobile 965 express chipset GPU (yup, it's an old Toshiba Satellite)... unless the game requires 4gb RAM minimum, then I might be alright, yeah?
Sounds like it, yeah. I doubt there will be shader issues with the GPU considering the game's 2D, and it can't require 4GB unless it's natively 64-bit (it can't address more than around 3Gb otherwise), so you might be alright. The 965 express is a rather old GPU though, so that's still a "might". You'll have to wait and see, I guess. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 565