Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944854 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2910 on: November 16, 2013, 03:09:33 am »

But..but what? BUT WHAT? IS IT OUT?!

* Tiruin dies from the anticipation

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2911 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:07 am »

But..but what? BUT WHAT? IS IT OUT?!

* Tiruin dies from the anticipation
But I'm not Tiruin... :C

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: November 16, 2013, 05:52:21 am »

Eh, another news post of "we did stuff this week". Come ooooon, show us a nifty feature like you did with ninja ropes :c
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:45 am »

I just found this gif and find it almost too appropriate.

That said, I'm looking forward to beta. If they don't have a lot of exciting stuff to report, maybe it's just because they're prepping for beta? c:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:29:19 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 16, 2013, 10:56:11 am »

The client was supposed to be submitted to Steam by yesterday and was not. Expect this to cause a delay.

From my experience with other games on Steam, approval of a client can take between 3-14  days depending on workload and holidays/weekends. Tiy does not care about the delay, reportedly saying "we have until the end of the year". Even after hearing that, my friend there said it could still be out in November, but it's less likely. The game works within Steam just fine and they are continuing to update features and balance.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 16, 2013, 11:24:42 am »

Aka this is going to come out right when I have exams. D:

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

my friend there said it could still be out in November, but it's less likely.

Is November when they've been promising to release beta by over and over? I haven't been keeping up
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 16, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »

Aka this is going to come out right when I have exams. D:

Ay, same for me. Damn.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 16, 2013, 01:39:03 pm »

my friend there said it could still be out in November, but it's less likely.

Is November when they've been promising to release beta by over and over? I haven't been keeping up

Originally the game itself was slated for this year, then it was beta, now it's Sometime or other lol ???
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2919 on: November 16, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »

I still reckon they'll release the game and it'll just be a ten minute video clip of Gaben laughing, then a release date for Half Life 3.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 16, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »

I still reckon they'll release the game and it'll just be a ten minute video clip of Gaben laughing, then a release date for Half Life 3.
As well as a complementary pre-order for Starcraft Ghost and Dungeon Keeper 3.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 16, 2013, 06:54:59 pm »

As well as a complementary pre-order for Starcraft Ghost and Dungeon Keeper 3.

Sounds like the most reasonable assumption I've heard yet.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: November 17, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »

Publicly they are only aiming for a playable client sometime in 2013. Privately they have been aiming for the 3rd week of November, just to be safe. Now that is potentially slipping. However, don't expect a lot of warning or fanfare. Most likely they will just announce the beta 72 hrs in advance or less.

I know Tiy would actually love yo just flip the switch on without telling anyone in advance, that way there are no expectations. A perfect soft launch.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 17, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »

72 hrs in advance seems plenty of time to dig up an apropriate gif.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 17, 2013, 02:56:09 pm »

I liked how Squad did the... .20, I think, version release, of Kerbal Space Program.

They did the usual preview livestream, denying that the update will be out soon, and then when the stream was ending, they just put it up and announced that it's out. And their servers promptly ground to a halt afterwards.

Flipping the switch with no advance warning might be quite neat, is what I'm saying. See how quickly people notice, and distribute server load, especially if they do end up going for simultaneous Steam and non-Steam release.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 565