Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944857 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2850 on: November 02, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »

As someone who has webstalked Hemmingjay for professional purposes, this statement checks out. >_o

Yeah, I don't doubt that statement either.

Though he did block me! ARG!!!

Mind you, for a good reason and I don't think he is actually "avoiding" me. So much as trying to limit communication between us because I complain a lot.

I have not blocked you or anyone else anywhere on the internet. I didn't even block my ex-wife. It's not my style.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2851 on: November 03, 2013, 07:33:51 am »

Are we (Bay12) going to have any server set up in the first day or two so we can all experience multiplayer?
If servers are a thing I will certainly be hosting one. Whether that is the 'official' bay12 server is up to you guys. I usually host servers for these games and they are super popular for like a month and then nobody logs in.
People have short attention spans.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 03, 2013, 08:14:23 am »

Are we (Bay12) going to have any server set up in the first day or two so we can all experience multiplayer?
If servers are a thing I will certainly be hosting one. Whether that is the 'official' bay12 server is up to you guys. I usually host servers for these games and they are super popular for like a month and then nobody logs in.
People Bay12 has short attention spans.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: November 03, 2013, 09:10:24 am »

Here comes the generalization  ::)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 03, 2013, 09:22:21 am »

People Bay12 has short attention spans.
I'm talking about this edit, right here.

On the note of Starbound..and since I've missed a lot of news: How will multiplayer be handled? Personal servers (like Terraria) or..are there singleplayer world-campaigns for the story I've been hearing about?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 03, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »

I won't join a B12 server. Or, at least, not as a main one. Main one's gonna be a popular one.

The guys here already know my plans.

Honestly Starbound is probably the BEST, compared to Terraria at least, in terms of being able to separate yourself from other players. AT LEAST with what I saw so far.

We had this guy come onto the Starbound chat and ask about what would happen if some jerk players did nothing but blow up planets.

Which we outright stated that... there would still be many more planets.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2856 on: November 03, 2013, 12:20:30 pm »

I won't join a B12 server. Or, at least, not as a main one. Main one's gonna be a popular one.

Honestly Starbound is probably the BEST, compared to Terraria at least, in terms of being able to separate yourself from other players. AT LEAST with what I saw so far.

We had this guy come onto the Starbound chat and ask about what would happen if some jerk players did nothing but blow up planets.

So you're ok with someone destroying all the things you have built because you can always rebuild it on another planet?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 03, 2013, 12:23:51 pm »

So you're ok with someone destroying all the things you have built because you can always rebuild it on another planet?

If it is your planet, they can't do that.

This was about them "destroying all the planets in the galaxy."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2858 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:04 pm »

Ahh okay, I misunderstood. So you have to give someone permission to edit your planet before they can make changes? I didn't know that was a thing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 03, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »

Ahh okay, I misunderstood. So you have to give someone permission to edit your planet before they can make changes? I didn't know that was a thing.

It is something they are working on. It might not be in the game first iteration.

Though I doubt anyone from Bay12 is going to blow up your planet.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2860 on: November 03, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »

It is something they are working on. It might not be in the game first iteration.

You say that, but it took exactly 36 hours for my public bay12 terraria server to be bombed to bedrock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »

You say that, but it took exactly 36 hours for my public bay12 terraria server to be bombed to bedrock.

Well, do it privately :P

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 03, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »

that first beta is still going to at least be december i think, its just a ploy to get sme additional preorders, personally they need to pump out the beta asap

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 03, 2013, 07:32:26 pm »

Pumping out the beta ASAP would be a 'ploy for preorders', not the other way around. I'm glad they are taking their time with it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:38 am »

that first beta is still going to at least be december i think, its just a ploy to get sme additional preorders, personally they need to pump out the beta asap

Is this just wild speculation or is it based on some inside knowledge? Two team member told me November and one said I would be playing with them over the Thanksgiving break, barring catastrophe. Also, they don't need more pre-sales. They have enough funds to continue development for quite a while and pre-sales are at a discount. When they release the game, many more people are going to buy the game at the non-discounted price, thus netting a higher rate of profit. Later on they will "cleanup" the remaining consumers with sales, until 5% of all steam accounts own a copy. That's 3 million copies, which should be their goal over 3 years, with an average price point of $6.85ish. Gross revenue of 20+ million USD and every pre-sale at a discount price actually drives that number down a bit.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 565