Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945173 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2835 on: November 01, 2013, 04:27:12 pm »

And to address Neonivek, Yup I do have a bit of rumor monger in me

Well, now I know who to go to when I need to hock some fish.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 01, 2013, 05:11:09 pm »

Less than three weeks till beta. That is all.
Like I haven't heard that before...  :P
I wonder if the beta will already have multiplayer support.

Hemmingjay has been promising beta in under a month since June I'm pretty sure. It's kind of strange that Chucklefish didn't address multiplayer when they posted about the beta.  But since they never said it wouldn't be in any of the early stages then maybe it's safe to assume it will be there?

If you mean I have been saying playable client in Mid to Late November, then yes I have been saying this for about 3 months now. If you mean that I have been saying it will be out within 30 days repeatedly since June you would be mistaken.

And to address Neonivek, Yup I do have a bit of rumor monger in me in that I have a connection to this studio who gives me information that they believe to be accurate and I share it here since there seems to be an interest in it. So far, only once has my information proven to be incorrect. The rest of the time, it has been in line with the same vague statements that they later publicly disseminate to us all. I am working on two major games that will be released in early 2014 and I exchange information with two team members on Chucklefish's team. The stuff that I tell them is accurate but sometimes must be partially obfuscated for legal and professional reasons. I assume they do the same in return.

For roughly 3 months I have been told that the most likely window is November 18-21 and I continue to believe that to be accurate unless a major snafu occurs. If you have more free time than I do, you could look back and see when it was that I first shared that info, but I am almost certain it was more than 2 months ago.

In June/July you were saying there was a good chance it might get released in August.  But since then you've said November pretty consistently.  Sorry I didn't differentiate that better.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: November 01, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »

I have a connection to this studio who gives me information that they believe to be accurate and I share it here since there seems to be an interest in it.
I do not mean to offend you or anything, however I am a bit suspicious of this statement.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:51:34 pm by Ultimuh »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 01, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »

As someone who has webstalked Hemmingjay for professional purposes, this statement checks out. >_o

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 01, 2013, 08:59:23 pm »

As someone who has webstalked Hemmingjay for professional purposes, this statement checks out. >_o

Yeah, I don't doubt that statement either.

Though he did block me! ARG!!!

Mind you, for a good reason and I don't think he is actually "avoiding" me. So much as trying to limit communication between us because I complain a lot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:15:08 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: November 01, 2013, 09:46:09 pm »

Yeah, Hemmingjay has repeatedly proven to be involved enough in the industry to have in-studio contacts in random spots. I trust him on that. And totally not because he's the most generous person on this board. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »

Yeah, there's no doubt that Hemmingjay is in the know.

However, I personally think all the leaks he provides are counterproductive to his intentions. To this thread anyway. Imagine the Bay12ers who watch this thread as a poverty stricken African nation. Hemmingjay being the NGO donating free food to the masses. I have no idea where I'm going with this analogy but I promise you it's very profound.

Anyway, at the end of it, Hemmingjay is just fueling flamewars because the populace has no idea how to properly handle the gifts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: November 01, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »

But who are the warlords?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: November 01, 2013, 09:57:36 pm »

The reason I doubt Hemmingjay's words is mostly because even if the source is real, the information is inaccurate in it of itself.

They are guessing that they will be ready in Nounvember.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2844 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

The decision makers. They're the folks who steal or block the food (Games) when it's just about ready for release, and make us wait a little longer.

...I feel like a bad person, comparing my lack of a particular game to starvation in Africa...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:17 pm »

...I feel like a bad person, comparing my lack of a particular game to starvation in Africa...
Now get into the corner of shame and stay there until told otherwise!

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:46 pm »

Are we (Bay12) going to have any server set up in the first day or two so we can all experience multiplayer?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: November 01, 2013, 11:55:07 pm »

Are we (Bay12) going to have any server set up in the first day or two so we can all experience multiplayer?
I would prefer to play alone a bit first, learn how to play the game and do stuff without getting any potential spoilers from chat.
So I will not be joining any servers at day 1.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

I would prefer to not have to deal with slow internet on top of bugs for a while...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2849 on: November 02, 2013, 09:00:18 am »

If servers are a thing I will certainly be hosting one. Whether that is the 'official' bay12 server is up to you guys. I usually host servers for these games and they are super popular for like a month and then nobody logs in.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 565