Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945251 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2820 on: October 30, 2013, 09:15:43 am »

Well they did say "Don't play this is you want to play as the novakid"
I mean that does imply the possibility that playing early will lock you out of that race.
I took it to mean "if you have your heart set on playing as a Novakid and nothing else, best hold off until they're actually implemented".
That's how I understood it as well.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 30, 2013, 11:58:13 am »

Code: [Select]
DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- You want to play through the main quest line

- You want to be a Novakid

Obviously, if you play this stage, they will never allow you to play the main quest either :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:18 pm »

Well they did say "Don't play this is you want to play as the novakid"
I mean that does imply the possibility that playing early will lock you out of that race.
I took it to mean "if you have your heart set on playing as a Novakid and nothing else, best hold off until they're actually implemented".
That's how I understood it as well.
Same.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 01, 2013, 08:05:52 am »

Less than three weeks till beta. That is all.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »

:D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 01, 2013, 12:17:57 pm »

Do you realize what you have done by posting this?
Now I'll be counting every minute of every day until it releases!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:19:33 pm by Ultimuh »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 01, 2013, 12:42:35 pm »

Do you know this for certain, or is this them saying "yeah, we think it'll be out within 3 weeks"?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 01, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »

Do you know this for certain, or is this them saying "yeah, we think it'll be out within 3 weeks"?

He has a wee bit of the rumor monger in him.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 01, 2013, 01:58:53 pm »

DEL Terraria.exe

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 01, 2013, 03:07:19 pm »

Like I haven't heard that before...  :P
I wonder if the beta will already have multiplayer support.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2830 on: November 01, 2013, 03:15:42 pm »

should have at least basic 'connect to IP' support, as they've been demo'ing multiplayer since the beginning just about.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 01, 2013, 03:15:57 pm »

Hemmingjay has been promising beta in under a month since June I'm pretty sure. It's kind of strange that Chucklefish didn't address multiplayer when they posted about the beta.  But since they never said it wouldn't be in any of the early stages then maybe it's safe to assume it will be there?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »

I think that a big part of the appeal is multiplayer, and when they placed the beta at Insomnia, that also had working multiplayer. Given they test the game with a multinational team, they also likely have internet connection support, and have also talked about how said support is really really good. Plus, this is kinda beta. Multiplayer in general needs a good stress test, so we'll be getting it or I'll eat my socks.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 01, 2013, 04:18:08 pm »

Hemmingjay has been promising beta in under a month since June I'm pretty sure. It's kind of strange that Chucklefish didn't address multiplayer when they posted about the beta.  But since they never said it wouldn't be in any of the early stages then maybe it's safe to assume it will be there?

If you mean I have been saying playable client in Mid to Late November, then yes I have been saying this for about 3 months now. If you mean that I have been saying it will be out within 30 days repeatedly since June you would be mistaken.

And to address Neonivek, Yup I do have a bit of rumor monger in me in that I have a connection to this studio who gives me information that they believe to be accurate and I share it here since there seems to be an interest in it. So far, only once has my information proven to be incorrect. The rest of the time, it has been in line with the same vague statements that they later publicly disseminate to us all. I am working on two major games that will be released in early 2014 and I exchange information with two team members on Chucklefish's team. The stuff that I tell them is accurate but sometimes must be partially obfuscated for legal and professional reasons. I assume they do the same in return.

For roughly 3 months I have been told that the most likely window is November 18-21 and I continue to believe that to be accurate unless a major snafu occurs. If you have more free time than I do, you could look back and see when it was that I first shared that info, but I am almost certain it was more than 2 months ago.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 01, 2013, 04:20:28 pm »

I hope you didn't take my comment personally, Hemmingjay. It was just a joke directed at the general speculation you see over the internet that there will be a release next week, just about every week. I'm personally very grateful for the information you provide.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 565