Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944839 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2790 on: October 24, 2013, 09:29:33 pm »

I want a 6-legger.

Maybe if it was a Norse-themed enemy, but alas, it is generic European-robot-thing.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2791 on: October 24, 2013, 11:35:12 pm »

I'm going to jump on the train that hopes Starbound isn't just Terraria in Space. More depth than the blatant grinding and base building that's only aesthetic is a big hope for me.

But considering that I enjoyed the heck out of Terraria in all stages, I'll probably enjoy it either way. In the least I hope they improve the combat.

Anyhow no it was Cubeworld, one of my sympathy purchases >_<

What really? I actually planned to get that game at some point, is the game finished, and is it that bad?

I actually would have gotten it, but I got lucky and it was in the middle of the whole post-release fiasco when the dev took it down for a while. From what I understand, I didn't miss out on much. The developers, a husband/wife team from what I understand, were pretty clear that it was a side project but it was implied that they'd continue developing it until it was finished. They didn't really do much of anything after the initial release, but recently came out of complete radio silence recently with promises of a new update (Story here).

Honestly, I'm skeptical. Their past performance is anything but exemplary.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 25, 2013, 12:12:14 am »

What we've seen thusfar of combat is already an improvement. Just giving enemies attacks and abilities beyond bumping into you or shooting straight-line projectiles at you is a novel thing as far as Terraria is concerned.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: October 25, 2013, 12:21:53 am »

If we build the door, will it come?(ref to an old movie)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 27, 2013, 12:37:57 am »

Fun fact: Nine people have had $2,000 to buy a impervium preorder of this game.
That money could have supported soooo many people living in poverty conditions. So you know, game better be damn good.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: October 27, 2013, 12:48:35 am »

That money could have supported soooo many people living in poverty conditions. So you know, game better be damn good.

Miniscule compared to the grotesque amounts of money US politicians spend on namecalling in election years. Just to keep it in perspective.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 27, 2013, 12:53:48 am »

So the question is: Will this game be better than watching US politicians with their name calling?
Not the highest bar in the world.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 27, 2013, 01:03:33 am »

Honestly, I think the game will be good, but seriously, that is insane troll logic trying to say "well some people used a bunch of their money that could have been put elsewhere"
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 27, 2013, 01:09:43 am »

Honestly, I think the game will be good, but seriously, that is insane troll logic trying to say "well some people used a bunch of their money that could have been put elsewhere"

Yep you heard it here first. Stating the straight up fact that people have money that can be used to buy any assortment of things and products is such crazy insane thinking... that mentioning it causes a rip in the fabric of reality and transforms you into a cave troll.

At least that MUST be what you mean. Since the only comment you could be referring to was just stating that for what people paid for it, it should be good. Which would be the exact opposite of what you are implying it to mean. Plus even if it wasn't what Max White meant, even your "corrected" statement doesn't make it insane troll logic. Of course if someone spends their money that money could have been spent somewhere... else...

Ohh my goodness... etgfrog lives in a dystopian future where they force you to buy videogames against your will and chats on bay12 forums not knowing it is actually from the past! IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE!

---

Ok very bad joke aside. Max White's comment is basically a "For what people paid for it, it better be good" and used the fact that the money could be used to save lives to qualitate it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:15:35 am by Neonivek »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 27, 2013, 01:24:08 am »

Yep you heard it here first. Stating the straight up fact that people have money that can be used to buy any assortment of things and products is such crazy insane thinking... that mentioning it causes a rip in the fabric of reality and transforms you into a cave troll.

At least that MUST be what you mean. Since the only comment you could be referring to was just stating that for what people paid for it, it should be good. Which would be the exact opposite of what you are implying it to mean.

Fine, I'll go quote what I'm referring to

This to me is insane troll logic.

Now, as for why I would say that, to me when you put your expectations that high that it has to be the best game ever or it was a waste of money, then your life will be nothing but disappointments.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 27, 2013, 01:26:04 am »

Ok let me rewrite what Max wrote in other words while preserving its original meaning.

"Hey did you know? Nine people paid 2000 bucks to preorder the game.

With that kind of life saving wads of cash Starbound better be good!"

to me when you put your expectations that high that it has to be the best game ever or it was a waste of money, then your life will be nothing but disappointments

Well you added information that wasn't even there. Max White said the game better be good. Not that the game needs to be super fantastically amazing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: October 27, 2013, 01:44:23 am »

Lets not get into arguments.
Yea, I was pretty much saying that considering just what 2,000 will buy, for people to actually spend that much they must have very, very high expectations, and it would be a shame to be two thousand dollars worth of disappointed. I'm not going to tell people how to spend their money, just that clearly some people really love something they have never even tried.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 27, 2013, 01:46:15 am »

I don't know... this argument was sort of silly at best.

I don't think either of us took it personally, though I don't speak for Electric Telepathic Giant Frog.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 27, 2013, 02:05:18 am »

That's fine, I more or less wanted to post about trying to compare videogame kickstarting and donations to a charity but avoided that as that is worse of an area to bring up. I more or less got the impression it was a serious post. I hate sarcasm :(

Don't think I've ever heard that guess regarding my screen name, but strangely enough it almost fits as I tend to think far too deeply into things and try to guess what others think.

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 29, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »

so just incase u guys dont freqent the website , there saying beta isnt far off http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/ :)
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 565