Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945250 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2730 on: September 26, 2013, 10:48:19 am »

One thing I want to ask, but like hell am I posting on the dramafest that is their official forums.

Can I hoover up a shitload of vicious predators from one planet, drop them on another planet and ruin their ecosystem/kill everyone?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:51 am »

One thing I want to ask, but like hell am I posting on the dramafest that is their official forums.

Can I hoover up a shitload of vicious predators from one planet, drop them on another planet and ruin their ecosystem/kill everyone?

No.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 26, 2013, 11:10:23 am »

No.
I think that would be a pretty good way to allow a single person to wreck a whole community by introducing monsters way above the community's level onto the planet, without doing a thing personally. So no wonder you can't do that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 26, 2013, 11:45:52 am »

To admit there is some aspects of that... that SHOULD be possible (or that would be nice to)

It would be nice to sort of foster a planet until it climbs the difficulty ladder.

Yet for that, it should be "your planet" so if players are flooded by tough monsters on your planet because you were terraforming and bioforming at the time... It is the hazard of being on someone else's planet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 26, 2013, 12:02:09 pm »

Hm. Maybe a system for breeding certain traits into local mobs? That'd be sort of interesting, and it would let you shape the life of the planet along with its form. As an added bonus, you could make one of your planets higher or lower-difficulty while retaining the flavor it started with, if you so wished.

And so we take one step closer to Pokemon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 11, 2013, 07:31:14 am »

Wow, this topic is kinda dead right now. Not that there's too much new to discuss.   ???
The long wait continues...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 11, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

We could discuss Pokemon. I hear they have a lot in common.
Love, scriver~

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 11, 2013, 09:00:44 am »

Wow, this topic is kinda dead right now. Not that there's too much new to discuss.   ???
I Like this post... As a comparison it makes me think someone of resurrecting a guy, pause for a moment then shove him back into the grave and walk away.

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 11, 2013, 11:01:37 am »

I Like this post... As a comparison it makes me think someone of resurrecting a guy, pause for a moment then shove him back into the grave and walk away.

XD
It was just kinda sad to see the topic suddenly stop. I had to do something about it.
I really don't think we'll see a beta until December. Late December. On the bright side, it's not really that far away now, right?

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 11, 2013, 11:16:33 am »

Well if they havnt started adding stuff that were pretty uncalled for beta we should been playing allready but maybe just maybe its worth the wait :) Haha nah more like spring 2014 but there will be a lot of good space sims to keep us occupied ^^

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 11, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

Right now they're just adding a bunch of content (especially related to NPCs). Terraria didn't have much in the way of interesting NPCs, but there's gonna be stuff like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2Jduxc2P8

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: October 11, 2013, 11:46:51 am »

Nice gif (Y) Yeah i also like that they seem to put more focus on the content. Even though it has been strane thing added and features. Havnt preordered it, but whenever it comes it sure will blew our minds.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:50:14 am by ahappydude »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 11, 2013, 11:50:51 am »

Oh wow.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 11, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »

The first time I saw that I thought it was of a wheelchair bound woman being chased by guards.
But now that I look at it, it still looks like that.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 11, 2013, 06:12:50 pm »

I'm kinda wondering how the villages will work, for different races on different planets of different difficulty levels...

Will there be simple hamlets on easy planets with fetch quests? Fortified bastions on harder planets with bear ass grinding? Kill quests for dungeons with rabid badger armies?

Only time will tell........ dot dot dot .
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 565