Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944749 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2670 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:21 am »

I will personally refund anyone who promises never to play it. Consider it a community service.

Well I am not going to make any pledge like that unless I KNOW these rumors are true anyhow. Besides I'd probably just give away my key anyhow.
What rumors?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: September 06, 2013, 05:24:27 am »

Don't think there is any obligation to pay for this DLC, which sounds completely up-in-the-air and conceptual at this moment in time anyway.

I'm quite sure they would sell the full-featured game without this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 06, 2013, 07:05:40 am »

I will personally refund anyone who promises never to play it. Consider it a community service.

Well I am not going to make any pledge like that unless I KNOW these rumors are true anyhow. Besides I'd probably just give away my key anyhow.

Gimme.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 06, 2013, 07:07:31 am »

Gimme.

Ok deal. If I decide to loathe the game before it is release you got dibs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 06, 2013, 07:09:16 am »

Why can't anyone just wait until the game is out to confirm whether or not those things happen :/ Rumors and all that..I can't believe the effect of it, especially since the current decision on after you paid is unchangeable..

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 06, 2013, 07:10:40 am »

Awesome.

As for my take on the thing with their servers, my guess is that they're hosting and running events and stuff on them that uses the new content.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 06, 2013, 07:13:35 am »

With respect to the chaos and controversy surrounding Starbounds release...

*Eats popcorn*
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2677 on: September 06, 2013, 07:19:58 am »

It's like we're all nervous husbands married to Tiy who wants to give birth to our big, 20 pound (and still growing) baby Starbound 'naturally' (ouch) and we have no idea when the due date is except for sometime this year.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:41 am »

It's like we're all nervous husbands married to Tiy who wants to give birth to our big, 20 pound (and still growing) baby Starbound 'naturally' (ouch) and we have no idea when the due date is except for sometime this year.

Toady One needs to sig this.

... :v

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 06, 2013, 01:55:11 pm »

This is both slightly disturbing and also completely true.

Anyhoo, on the subject of rumour, there's a part of me which wants to avoid rumour, and there's a part of me which wants to hear ALL POSSIBLE INFORMATION. I think the second part is armed.
Everybody!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2680 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:32 pm »

This Reddit post has more on that stuff if anybody wants a source. The Starbound subreddit has some decent info on it, just avoid the comment sections...

Here's the relevant quotes:

Quote from: Omni
Oh jeeze.
Ok, this was explained very poorly, let me try to relay how this idea was explained to me.
All content from this subscription thing will be released as updates for free. The subscription thing is for access to servers where we run the story event live, weekly.
But any server can run these events. Any extra content will be released to everybody. And essentially no one gets left out. Let me see if I can't find the chat logs where he floated this idea to me.

Quote from: Molly
Hey!
I've heard there's some DLC-based controversy surrounding that PCGamer article linked earlier. Unfortunately, things were taken out of context quite a bit there. Just to be super clear:
We currently have no plans for DLC outside of the free, post-launch content updates we've always promised.
When asked how DLC would appear if we were to do it, we'd brainstormed and the idea of episodic missions came up, sort of like a TV series. But there would be no microtransactions, no shiny horse armor, etc. If we did do anything of the sort it'd be part of a large expansion.
Sorry for any heart attacks caused!

Basically they might do stuff like TF2's event maps that anybody can run, but also have official servers that you can purchase access to. This is still only theoretical, and there are no plans for DLC.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 06, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »

Wait, you mean that wasn't already fairly obvious without needing an explicit explanation from the devs?

* Flying Dice glances back several pages.

Huh, I guess not.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 06, 2013, 07:25:07 pm »

Eh, it was worded poorly. I think what threw me was... why would anyone buy access to free content? I'm still unclear on this...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 06, 2013, 07:27:40 pm »

Presumably reasons similar to those of folks that go to the concerts of bands that release their music gratis.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 07, 2013, 11:10:54 pm »

Ok listening to Starbounds music and I am just begging for SOME epic music.

Even the battle themes are extremely ambiance.

Not that I hate ambiance (I like really well done ambiance like 600ad from Crono Trigger) but come on!

Then again there is no rule these are all the themes... maybe they got the touchingly beautiful or heart racing battle themes hidden somewhere. Every theme cannot be unstated...

Ok good... I found one... but boy was that a tough one to find. It also could use a remix. Arctic Battle 1 I think you are on the right track.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:13:52 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 565