Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944841 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2460 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:42 am »

If I recall correctly some people at SomethingAwful looked up his myspace or something and posted it and it had some poetry I think, which is kind've skeezy (the internet detectivery, not the poetry), but that's about where it stopped when some better headed people told the internet detective to knock it off.

Eh well... once it's posted, it's public. At least I don't recall MySpace having varied privacy settings...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:30 am »

There was indeed drama. A mistake was made and as is often the case, the most public facing person paid the price. I won't get into specifics out of respect for the parties but I can confirm that there was some drama and at the time it was not dealt with in a mature manner. I only hope that everyone has grown since then and moved on. Blue was treated as no person ever should.  I'm not trying to create any sort of scandal, in fact I'm asking that we drop it.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:46:11 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 22, 2013, 03:17:03 am »

I think the important part is that the Mushroom Kingdom certainly has never looked worse.

Dang it Princess Toadstool, we elected you as our monarch for a reason! Yet all you do is sit on your butt and bake cakes for your boyfriend, run a successful island, and get kidnapped by your other boyfriend!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 22, 2013, 07:58:36 am »

I think the important part is that the Mushroom Kingdom certainly has never looked worse.

Dang it Princess Toadstool, we elected you as our monarch for a reason! Yet all you do is sit on your butt and bake cakes for your boyfriend, run a successful island, and get kidnapped by your other boyfriend!

But I mean really, Bowser is a king, Mario is a plumber. I think it's much more plausible to assume Mario is the mistress (manstress?) in this situation than anything else. Also, I'm pretty sure Toad does most of the governemental stuff, Toadstool is more of a figurehead that an actual head of government at this point.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 22, 2013, 08:25:55 am »

Her pipe and floating block infrastructure programs are a disaster, there is no economy to speak of, and there is ethnic strife between the humans, the pipe plants, and the turtles... worst monarch ever.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:39 am »

Worst monarch? You may be right about that, however the toads/mushroom people seem to adore her none the less.
I guess it's all in the PR stunts of frequently getting kidnapped and putting up a cute face.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:38:43 am by Ultimuh »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:23 pm »

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder. With the Marie Antoinette parralels (Mainly the recurring Cake theme, amiright?), perhaps the goombas and koopas are racially segragated lower classes that are rising up, and Bowser is simply the leader of the reveloution.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 22, 2013, 01:47:00 pm »

They checked in at i49 and have begun setup for tomorrow. I really wish I was in attendance. Perhaps AlexPoysky is there?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:38 pm »

I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of what they're demoing at i49. Maybe a stream?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 22, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder. With the Marie Antoinette parralels (Mainly the recurring Cake theme, amiright?), perhaps the goombas and koopas are racially segragated lower classes that are rising up, and Bowser is simply the leader of the reveloution.

Well, rarely I have seen Bowser actually want to kill her, maybe it's sort of a passive-aggressive revolution?

*Goes back to topic.*
Well, hopefully someone on these forums will be attending and tell us of the happenings there.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 22, 2013, 02:06:24 pm »

I will accept donations from forum goers to travel to these conventions and report on anything asked of me. Because I'm a generous person of course.

Maxono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 22, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »

Yea seems like they're setting up
So i assume the girl on the right is molly but who's the guy?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: August 22, 2013, 11:40:18 pm »

... multiple monitor support. That's... interesting. Guess technically Terraria could do it too, thinking on it, for all that the comparison probably isn't really a meaningful one to make on stuff like that.

Would maybe raise some interesting PvP questions, hohoho. If certain weapons had long enough range, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2473 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »

Hehehe, I have two huge monitors, too. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 23, 2013, 01:08:33 am »

Envy those monitors and synced view screens. :I
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 565