Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945250 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2400 on: August 18, 2013, 01:31:54 pm »

He actually found the cause of the missing cascading block texture bug thanks to starting to use torches. He just always forgot to prepare them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:36:28 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 18, 2013, 03:16:02 pm »

i think when they found the water down in the caves he placed a torch in the water too somehow

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 18, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

Yeah, I saw that torch there, and I was all 'What the?'.

Everybody!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »

Oil based torches that can burn underwater.

Makes perfect sense! Apart from the whole oil floats thing.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 18, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

Hyotl space magic oil. It doesn't float, except when it does. Which state it's in depends on the needs of the user! The future is then. E: The secret ingredient is Hyotl.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:09:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: August 18, 2013, 05:24:54 pm »

Hylotl don't burn torches. Because it wastes valuable air underwater. At least that's what the description of a torch in that one dungeon said.

Also, maybe they're fusion torches? Or they could electrolyze water into hydrogen and oxygen, and burn that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 19, 2013, 05:52:33 am »

What is this i49 they keep talking about? I gather it's some sort of convention or game conference, but where and when? All google gives is stuff about US highways. :-\
Entropy is not what it used to be.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 19, 2013, 05:54:51 am »

You gotta remember, in the early days of terraria you could also place torches underwater. I guess they just haven't put in a check so you can't place them underwater.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55:29 am »

What is this i49 they keep talking about? I gather it's some sort of convention or game conference, but where and when? All google gives is stuff about US highways. :-\

It's a gaming festival : http://ukcs.net/iseries/insomnia-49-dates-confirmed/

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 19, 2013, 06:31:11 am »

It's also probably where they'll be announcing some form of release date, hopefully.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: August 19, 2013, 07:24:46 am »

... or maybe there IS NO GAME, and the developers are all in remote beachfront villas sipping on mojitos and laughing at all of us from atop copious piles of pre-order money.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: August 19, 2013, 02:35:53 pm »

... or maybe there IS NO GAME, and the developers are all in remote beachfront villas sipping on mojitos and laughing at all of us from atop copious piles of pre-order money.

This makes me curious...what would happen if this were to be true? A class action lawsuit? That'd be quite a scam, what, over a million dollars? Two million?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2412 on: August 19, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »

Depends on how much they have in their overseas accounts and how easy their new identities are to track.

But judging from the updates and streams it'd be a scam on a level where they might as well have just made the game.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 19, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »

I bet a thoroughly talented creative writer and a really good pixel artist could pull it off. Split the money 50/50... live like a king for the rest of your days!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: August 19, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »

I bet a thoroughly talented creative writer and a really good pixel artist could pull it off. Split the money 50/50... live like a king for the rest of your days!
Still, with the streams it'd probably be easier to just make most of the games than to have someone acting like they are playing a game while a video is playing or what have you. Heck, it'd probably be easier to make the game framework than the streams. (But if they skipped those, it'd be more realistic.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 565