Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945087 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2310 on: August 14, 2013, 10:08:26 am »

It looks ok, nothing mindblowing. The only thing personally I don't like is monster death animation and delay. It looks clunky that monster just poofs after few second you killed it.

I hope the animations still have work to do in general. Like, the water spillage was straight out of Terraria, and it never looked that good there, either. Mining was noted in the stream as needing animation work, too.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:34 am »

I liked the part right at the end (all I saw), where he was going through the capes. There was both a rainbow cape and a cape that grew temporary flowers everywhere you walk (unfortunately Tiy said that was buggy and will be axed :( )
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 14, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

I like the cave-ins of things like sand - that bit in P5 of the stream video (I think it was) where the rock-thrower creature set off the giant landslide - awesome!  :D

Really looking forward to this now.  I've been keeping my own expectations as far down as I can (for greater enjoyment upon release), but they're starting to build up now.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 14, 2013, 05:42:05 pm »

I think the stream shows rather well why this game isn't in Beta yet.

The sheer number of things the person doing it needs to fudge for it to work is immense.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 14, 2013, 05:43:10 pm »

I think the stream shows rather well why this game isn't in Beta yet.

The sheer number of things the person doing it needs to fudge for it to work is immense.
Well said chief. You basicly removed the word from my mouth XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 15, 2013, 10:41:01 am »

All these news and video streams are getting me all hype up, so I went and reinstalled Darkout. Not nearly the same, but at least it scratches that mine/build itch... graphics are more reminiscent of Creatures 2/3 than Terraria tho (and the fighting is crap).

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2316 on: August 15, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »

They have truly done some brilliant work here and I can honestly say they are setting a new gaming standard. We will all be talking about Starbound for the rest of our gaming lives as a big point on the game industry timeline.

Wow, you're getting a little ahead of yourself there. I think you may need to take a step back and reevaluate your hype levels before you implode or something :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 15, 2013, 05:53:10 pm »

They have truly done some brilliant work here and I can honestly say they are setting a new gaming standard. We will all be talking about Starbound for the rest of our gaming lives as a big point on the game industry timeline.

Wow, you're getting a little ahead of yourself there. I think you may need to take a step back and reevaluate your hype levels before you implode or something :P

Maybe he just thinks spending hours upon hours slowly digging rock is the definition of excitement.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 15, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »

It's also the definition of insanity. If he expects a different result when he digs up the rock every time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 15, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »

Which is why Starbound is great, or at least better than Terraria: you can dig 3x3 areas!  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 15, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

Which is why Starbound is great, or at least better than Terraria: you can dig 3x3 areas!  :P

Endless possibilities, edge of your seat excitement!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 15, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

There'll be some sort of hype blackhole.

If such a place exists in-game, we can rest easy knowing that it will be serenaded by players heroically playing "Gagnam Style" nonstop on a sitar.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 15, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »

There'll be some sort of hype blackhole.

If such a place exists in-game, we can rest easy knowing that it will be serenaded by players heroically playing "Gagnam Style" nonstop on a sitar.

Great, now I know where the servitors of the old ones are situated.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 15, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »

I'm about a trillion percent hyped for this. Which is impossible, but this is like Terraria if Terraria were on some sort of super steroids.

However, I'm almost certainly going to starve to death, just like all my dwarves...
Everybody!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 15, 2013, 06:44:41 pm »

I'm about a trillion percent hyped for this. Which is impossible, but this is like Terraria if Terraria were on some sort of super steroids.

However, I'm almost certainly going to starve to death, just like all my dwarves...

But your cookie is so huge!
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 565