Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944850 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2220 on: August 05, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »

The shittiness of those suggestions is immense. I can FEEL the shittiness :o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2221 on: August 05, 2013, 12:18:07 pm »

The shittiness of those suggestions is immense. I can FEEL the shittiness :o
You didnt read them all. I know it. You didnt even start i guess :P You re to scared of them so you try to make as if you read for people not to think your a coward.
Also have your cervezas *Throws BURNING alcohol at his head*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:21:08 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 05, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »

I read the top three. I don't want to read all of them.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2223 on: August 05, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »

I read the top three. I don't want to read all of them.
The third one scared you huh? Normal, thats one of the complex ones. Except for a few, they should get easier from there on (Easier may still be to hard for you though).
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 05, 2013, 12:32:55 pm »

I didn't actually realize they were yours ._.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2225 on: August 05, 2013, 12:35:26 pm »

I didn't actually realize they were yours ._.
Lol. Why else would i be posting them? All i want is to shamelessly advertise myself :D

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 05, 2013, 12:36:56 pm »

Their forums are killing me.

Quote from: Random Starbounder
Maybe it's a hint to the release... think about it for a sec. A jump to the left, well if we look at a clock, starting at the beginning of the clock time-wise is 12, right? Well a jump to the left by single digit would be 11... 11... well, let's grab that "2" from 12 and use that too add 2 11's 11+11=22 yes? Well 11 has two ones.. let's borrow one of those and add it to the 22. Now that would make 23... hmm... 23... Wait a second! 4th of august update.... let's take that 12 again and subtract that by 4... 8... ok. So let's see what we have? A 23 and an 8... wait hold on... 8... the 8th month of the year... is August... and the 23 of August this year.... Oh my god.... The Insomnia gaming event is on the 23rd of August this year! Release date announcement has been solved.

Some people read waaaaay too much into these updates.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:59 pm »

That guy is interpreting it wrong. It's obvious that HL3 will be announced on the festival.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2228 on: August 05, 2013, 12:39:54 pm »

Their forums are killing me.

Quote from: Random Starbounder
Maybe it's a hint to the release... think about it for a sec. A jump to the left, well if we look at a clock, starting at the beginning of the clock time-wise is 12, right? Well a jump to the left by single digit would be 11... 11... well, let's grab that "2" from 12 and use that too add 2 11's 11+11=22 yes? Well 11 has two ones.. let's borrow one of those and add it to the 22. Now that would make 23... hmm... 23... Wait a second! 4th of august update.... let's take that 12 again and subtract that by 4... 8... ok. So let's see what we have? A 23 and an 8... wait hold on... 8... the 8th month of the year... is August... and the 23 of August this year.... Oh my god.... The Insomnia gaming event is on the 23rd of August this year! Release date announcement has been solved.
Starbound forums can be as mad as Bay12 Forums... On their own way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:16:15 pm by Sarzael »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 05, 2013, 01:41:47 pm »

And that post isn't a parody of the HL3 confirmed stuff? It's genuinely serious?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 05, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

And that post isn't a parody of the HL3 confirmed stuff? It's genuinely serious?

It honestly could go either way. They posted again later that they kept refreshing the page to see how people would respond to them, too :S

Also, the "It's a jump to the left..." message that occurs when the admins mess with the time is pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 05, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

I am disappoint in their conspiracy theorying. They took an obvious answer (IGF) and decided to see how they could get to that with making crap up. That "finding the date with the numbers" thing is completely arbitrary, too.

If you're going to troll people in a way that could be successful, you could at least try. :(
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 05, 2013, 01:53:32 pm »

I am mostly disappointed by their conspiracy theory mostly because it shows a clear misunderstanding and lack of knowledge over what a conspiracy is.

If you go up to a building and the sign says "store" it isn't a conspiracy that the building is a store. That is direct deduction.

If the oil you put into cars came from decomposed dinosaurs, then it is direct deduction that your car is fueled by dinosaurs.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:36 pm »

If the oil you put into cars came from decomposed dinosaurs, then it is direct deduction that your car is fueled by dinosaurs.
Dead dinosaurs. Dug up and put to use by modern alchemy. So undead dinosaurs. And since it's combustible, they're undead dinosaurs on fire.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 05, 2013, 02:16:46 pm »

Dead dinosaurs. Dug up and put to use by modern alchemy. So undead dinosaurs. And since it's combustible, they're undead dinosaurs on fire.

That still isn't a conspiracy.

Who is conspiring here?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 565