Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945069 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2190 on: August 04, 2013, 09:39:19 am »

No, but we already know each other and if we play together, it will likely be on a DFC server, so we've already done that. :)

(I know what you're saying, but eh. They're kids, let em be kids. Nothing wrong with it)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 04, 2013, 10:04:29 am »

(I know what you're saying, but eh. They're kids, let em be kids. Nothing wrong with it)

Wuh-oh, last time I claimed that about the SB forums, someone got really butthurt! Careful, careful.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 04, 2013, 10:30:05 am »

No, but we already know each other and if we play together, it will likely be on a DFC server, so we've already done that. :)

This. I love how occasionaly the Bay12 hivemind just goes "hey, lets assimilate this game!" and suddenly that game is about beards and magma.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 04, 2013, 12:05:30 pm »

Thankfully, few other games are able to emulate the experiments with animals that occurs in the upper forums.  :P

I haven't been keeping up with this game at all. have they said anything about how ships are going to be powered, if at all?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 04, 2013, 03:05:49 pm »

To be fair, you could at least make an educated guess based on what weapon type you used most in Terraria, I guess?

I don't begrudge most of them for being young and wide-eyed. They want to talk to someone, their real life friends or acquaintances may not be gamers, and there's really nothing much to say since the game doesn't exist. Look at us... we speculate on why it's taking so long, why it will be awesome/completely suck and etc. Not that much different.
But we aren't forming clans for a game that isn't going to be playable for months.

I originally thought it was odd to form clans so early too, but it's not really such a bad idea after all.  I mean, why not?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »

It helps to cut down on day 1 "anyone got a good server?"

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 04, 2013, 07:00:47 pm »

Thankfully, few other games are able to emulate the experiments with animals that occurs in the upper forums.  :P

I haven't been keeping up with this game at all. have they said anything about how ships are going to be powered, if at all?

Combining these two concepts... perhaps we can use kittens as fuel?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 04, 2013, 07:03:07 pm »

I imagine you beat a boss, dungeon or build a refuel station to have a fuel merchant show up to trade fuel for treasure or currency. This is the only way I can see fuel and progression making sense. Imagine if every planet you land on you need to at least make enough money to buy fuel to leave, or have enough inventory/money on your ship to refuel for a few planets.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 04, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »

On one of the streams I saw Bartwe stick a stack of coal into his ship and it flew fine.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 04, 2013, 08:33:22 pm »

It'll probably run on wood if you stuff enough of it.  More than likely it's a rating of "fuel density per object" and EVENTUALLY you could make a flight using only wood or solar to fly :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 04, 2013, 08:56:05 pm »

That raises an interesting point, actually. What do we do during ship travel time? I mean, assuming it doesn't just occur instantly with a fuel cost varying based on the distance involved. That would be the sensible way to do it, but I don't remember if they mentioned explicitly how interplanetary travel would work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:55 pm »

That raises an interesting point, actually. What do we do during ship travel time? I mean, assuming it doesn't just occur instantly with a fuel cost varying based on the distance involved. That would be the sensible way to do it, but I don't remember if they mentioned explicitly how interplanetary travel would work.

There was a video posted some time ago. it's basically an animated loading screen, you spin up the FTL drives, there's an animation of stars going by the ship, then you settle into orbit around a new planet. You can move about the ship during this time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 04, 2013, 08:59:34 pm »

That's more or less what I expected, but for some reason I was irrationally worried that it would be long enough to get boring.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 04, 2013, 09:00:55 pm »

I think travel time does depend on how far your destination is, but I hardly think it would ever take more than 2 minutes.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 04, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »

Yeah I can find something to do around the ship for a couple minutes, it's not a huge deal to me. I'm kinda wondering how they'll handle the vast tracts of empty real-estate on the upgraded ships, though.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 565