Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944635 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2100 on: July 30, 2013, 02:49:15 am »

Watching Joe Average play with Legos isn't nearly as fun as playing with Legos yourself
Ohhh I've seen people make it work.

Those folks aren't Joe Average then. They've got a flair for entertainment, storytelling, or pure charisma that makes anything they do fun to watch.

I mean, take Morgan Freeman. I'd totally watch that dude play Minecraft.

"Oh, I just made a house. Isn't that special."

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.
Oh yeah. xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 30, 2013, 02:53:45 am »

This needs to happen.
I would watch the fuck out of "Morgan Freeman plays"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:23 am »

This needs to happen.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2103 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:19 am »

This needs to happen.
SO much.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 30, 2013, 03:57:19 am »

This needs to happen.
SO much.

SO VERY MUCH.

I've got the recording equipment if someone else wants to kidnap him?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 30, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »

Even though I normally dislike Seananners, I still like that one. That's how powerful Morgan Freeman is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 30, 2013, 03:05:44 pm »

THE POWER OF FREEMAN COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF FREEMAN COMPELS YOU!

Ahem.

So, it's looking to be a release very Soon™ judging by the progress update from yesterday. It mostly seems to be tweaks and "continued work" which, from what I know of progress updates in general, tend to be "it's basically done" and "I guess there's some stuff to do but the big parts are out of the way." Good signs!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2107 on: July 30, 2013, 04:00:53 pm »

Even though I normally dislike Seananners, I still like that one. That's how powerful Morgan Freeman is.
o...kay that was amusing.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 30, 2013, 08:37:43 pm »

I'm at the point where Starbound is taking up a lot of my brain cycles at any given time. I think I have a problem  :-\
I love how the developers are managing to not spoil half the game even though they do daily updates though. I appreciate that they value everybody experiencing the game for the first time.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 30, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »

What I'm most exited about is that I can build something resembling modern architecture rather than a forced pseudo-medieval. I mean, railings! Wallpaper! Carpet! Television! And if I want, I can still make something medieval!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 31, 2013, 05:07:39 am »

Do you think they might be holding back on a big announcement while they sort out the "leak"?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 31, 2013, 05:59:36 am »

My guess is that they're saving any big news for the August Starbound Chronicle.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 31, 2013, 06:04:29 am »

I'm willing to bet they dug too deeply and too greedily, and now their office is over run with tentacle demons. An embark might be required to hopefully salvage the embark, but nothing is certain. A few individuals have begun their own adventure mode with the hope of uncovering the ruins for themselves and bringing back the epic loots.

Or you know, they are just working on adding all those planned items and balancing them all out, nothing major to report on.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 31, 2013, 07:01:00 am »

Do you think they might be holding back on a big announcement while they sort out the "leak"?

I think it's more likely that the game is a lot more "done" than they anticipated for right now, so they re pushing to wrap it up altogether before pushing it to us. I also think they are going to underestimate the amount of bugs/hardware incompatibility that the game will have.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:22 am »

At this point, I think, their news section is the equivalent of the boy holding back the disintegrating dam, while everybody else is manning the pumps pouring more water into the lake. They're trying their best to prevent too much content from spilling out, at the same time adding more and more content. This leaves their daily updates rather understandably dry.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 565