Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945308 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2070 on: July 29, 2013, 11:00:20 am »

off-topic:

I think death threats should carry the same penalty as actual attempted murder. Seriously. Some kid runs their mouth on the internet? Hunt them down and throw them in jail. The end.

Its a douchy thing to do, but that seems a bit extreme.
This.

If they did that I wouldn't have anybody to beat when I hop online to play :P
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 29, 2013, 11:04:12 am »

This is the first link I could find, I heard the story the other week:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2349328/Teenager-jail-making-terroristic-threats-Facebook-comment-carrying-school-shooting--despite-adding-lol-jk-joking.html

More on topic:
I'm still cautiously optimistic about this game. I found I burnt out on Terraria pretty quickly, but with the addition of different planet types and npc quests and such, I think this may hold my attention much longer.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 29, 2013, 11:10:11 am »

I'm still hyped, but I wish they would focus on getting multiplayer in before releasing the beta.  :)  My roommate isn't going to let me play without him, so its going to be torture when everyone else is playing it and I've got to wait.  Haha. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 29, 2013, 12:31:39 pm »

We will make sure to give you updates with extra spoilery content in this thread <3

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 29, 2013, 12:55:59 pm »

We will make sure to give you updates with extra spoilery content in this thread <3

Noooooo!

Although to be honest I should probably avoid this thread once it comes out.   :-X
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 29, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »

Spoiler: More OT nonsense (click to show/hide)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

No responses from my connection at all since the concern yesterday. I guess he/she is laying low until today's update. From yesterday's update it really looks like the game is 90%+ complete, including much of MP. Really, I would expect that they could submit code to Steam for the early release/alpha access at any point. My understanding is that it take 2-4 days for Steam to approve that submission.

Tomorrow was my best guess for release but I obviously think it makes more sense to announce it a week in advance. Further, I was wrong about Payday 2's beta even though I was talking to the lead dev everyday. You just never know how these things will go and Starbound has already proven to be wildly impulsive in every other respect.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 29, 2013, 01:44:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 29, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »

No responses from my connection at all since the concern yesterday. I guess he/she is laying low until today's update. From yesterday's update it really looks like the game is 90%+ complete, including much of MP. Really, I would expect that they could submit code to Steam for the early release/alpha access at any point. My understanding is that it take 2-4 days for Steam to approve that submission.

Tomorrow was my best guess for release but I obviously think it makes more sense to announce it a week in advance. Further, I was wrong about Payday 2's beta even though I was talking to the lead dev everyday. You just never know how these things will go and Starbound has already proven to be wildly impulsive in every other respect.

Maybe they're just onto you leaking the information here, so they feed you falsehoods to keep us on our toes.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 29, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Even more OT nonsense (click to show/hide)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »

I hope you're joking, because what you just said is a perfect example of what's wrong with society today.
Hope you like that police state you're wishing for.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 29, 2013, 04:11:44 pm »

Can we please stop using this topic for an argument about the policing or lack thereof of verbal assault made via the internet? Take it to General Discussion or something, rather than talking about a subject almost entirely irrelevant to video games in a topic about a video game in a subforum about video games.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 29, 2013, 04:28:52 pm »

Starbound should be fun.

Topic: fixed.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 29, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

Hey, what's up with that Starbound thing? It's got stars, it's got bounds...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 29, 2013, 04:41:14 pm »

Seinfeld: "What's with Starbound? Anyone ever think about how weird that word is? Why are we 'bound' for a 'star'? You don't want to go to a star! It's hot! You'll die! You wanna go away from the star that's where you wanna be. What's that game you're playing? Oh it's Stargone."
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 565