Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945173 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2025 on: July 27, 2013, 02:10:16 am »

Ok my personal gut feeling is that this game cannot be a "solid" game. So I am going for the standard to weak.
Look everyone, Neonivek is saying negative things about a game before its even released now.

Soon he will negatively comment on games yet to be made, or even conceived of!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2026 on: July 27, 2013, 02:28:11 am »

We should be used to it enough by now to quit commenting on the fact that he's criticizing something. He's an opinionated guy, but it doesn't contribute to the conversation to keep pointing it out. We know.

Ok my personal gut feeling is that this game cannot be a "solid" game. So I am going for the standard to weak.

We'll see how it pans out in the next few months. They're at the point where they're working on the areas Terraria did poorly (Mid-to-end game content), so until we get a better idea of what they're doing differently from Terraria, since Starbound is just Terraria in Space with More Stuff at this point, I think it's a little early to judge. We'll definitely have a better idea when the Beta rolls around since we'll have some more content to gawk at.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 27, 2013, 02:28:12 am »

Look everyone, Neonivek is saying negative things about a game before its even released now.

So, business as usual, then?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 27, 2013, 02:32:18 am »

Or negatively commenting on negative comments yet to be made.  :P

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 27, 2013, 04:15:33 am »

Or negatively commenting on negative comments yet to be made.  :P
Wait doesnt it end up being positive in this case?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 27, 2013, 07:57:48 am »

I'm actually quite interested in the PvP, given that the demo we've seen of it has very little in common with Terraria's spammy click-fest.
O.o... well... melee guns, pretty much like terraria difference is... with all the random weapon you never know wha the hell he will shoot at you.
This is what I was talking about. From the looks of things it might turn out slower-paced and more oriented on dodging and blocking (on the melee front at least), as opposed to five second long head-on collisions that composed the majority of Terraria PvP. I also seem to recall confirmation of sniper-type weapons that can aim farther than your normal screen away. So basically less Terraria and more KAG in the playstyle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 27, 2013, 09:17:42 am »

A normal game isn't "Negative" it is neutral.

Since when was not bestowing a game glorious praise ever considered negativity?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 27, 2013, 11:45:58 am »

I'm fairly certain we've spent almost as much time, on this thread, talking about Neonivek's attitude, as we have about the game.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 27, 2013, 11:52:17 am »

We should make a thread called "Neonivek is really cynical: discuss" in other games that's all about saying how shit an upcoming game could be.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 27, 2013, 12:05:31 pm »

Let's not be all this negative about how neonivek is negative. I hope I don't have to tell you how futile that is.
Love, scriver~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:02 pm »

I'm fairly certain we've spent almost as much time, on this thread, talking about Neonivek's attitude, as we have about the game.

Because the users can't handle negativity in their thread, only positivity and hype!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 27, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »

Because the users can't handle negativity in their thread, only positivity and hype!
HYPE FOR THE HYPE GOD!
QUOTES FOR THE QUOTE THRONE!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 27, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »

I'm actually quite interested in the PvP, given that the demo we've seen of it has very little in common with Terraria's spammy click-fest.
O.o... well... melee guns, pretty much like terraria difference is... with all the random weapon you never know wha the hell he will shoot at you.
This is what I was talking about. From the looks of things it might turn out slower-paced and more oriented on dodging and blocking (on the melee front at least), as opposed to five second long head-on collisions that composed the majority of Terraria PvP. I also seem to recall confirmation of sniper-type weapons that can aim farther than your normal screen away. So basically less Terraria and more KAG in the playstyle.
Oh now i see your point sorry bout that.

Also about neonivek to me he is a bit like that angry smurf, always angry, here negativing but he is still part of the familly in my book :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2038 on: July 27, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

So Neo is grumpy bear?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 27, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »

I'm starting to agree with Fniff.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 565