Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944817 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #1845 on: July 05, 2013, 05:39:16 am »

Just think about it, some teenager has their back hurting when they grow too fast, or their chest.. now think how it would hurt as your nervous system is ripped apart and reconstructed into your mutated limb and so on... i think even shouting in tears would not help and you might even fall uncounscious due to pain. Thats the nervous system, your muscle, sinew and everything else would hurt soo much... it would take years to grow something with bareable pain, having it *pop* out would almost outright kill you at worst.

Thats what i think without any medical knowledge with nothing more than my common sense and knowledge.

Clearly the solution, therefore, is to genetically engineer out the feeling of pain, before you go about changing limbs and whatnot. Clearly.

Or at least train them to not process that sensory information as pain.

Clearly.

Or just tell those wussy bastards to man the hell up. A little forced restructuring of the body never hurt anyone.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 05, 2013, 05:43:53 am »

I really wish they would focus on core gameplay until they have something ready for release, and then add features based on need dictated by community feedback. I can understand wanting to add some frills to the feature list to boost sales before some people will, as with every game ever made, see what it is actually like and decide it isn't for them, but when you have already taken peoples money I feel you are under an obligation to deliver a product sooner rather than later, especially when you can continue to make updates past the beta.

Just my opinion.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 05, 2013, 05:57:46 am »

I really wish they would focus on core gameplay until they have something ready for release, and then add features based on need dictated by community feedback. I can understand wanting to add some frills to the feature list to boost sales before some people will, as with every game ever made, see what it is actually like and decide it isn't for them, but when you have already taken peoples money I feel you are under an obligation to deliver a product sooner rather than later, especially when you can continue to make updates past the beta.

Just my opinion.

It's an opinion shared by a lot of people at this point, I think. While I'm alright with waiting, I do agree with you, too.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1848 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:27 am »

I wish this would release fast then update regularly, too. :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:22 am »

Just my opinion.

I think they are, actually. They just aren't telling us what they're doing with the meat of the game, only showing the more flashy, neat, and non-spoilery stuff to us with the daily update. There are something like 8-9 people working on Starbound, so there's probably some core work going on in there somewhere.

That's what I hope, anyway.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 05, 2013, 07:23:06 am »

They're currently working on progression which is clearly a large part of the game..

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 05, 2013, 11:11:56 am »

I think they said it somewhere they are clearing out the design document to follow the release schedule they had planned, only time they go sideways are the sunday madness where they work on anything they want out of the document to free creativity or something like that.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:23 pm »

Yeah the last core updates I read were about them making all the systems work without console commands, and then making all the progression work properly together. I take this as a sign that the core gameplay features are done, and once the systems are all integrated and playing nicely together the game should be near a releasable state.

The frivolous Sunday projects stuff bothers me a little, in the needy part of my brain, but I'm not going to begrudge someone getting play time to break up the work. Especially since they're working on the game 7 days a week, it seems. Hope no one gets burned out too quickly.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 05, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »

Well instead of taking a break... they choose to work on anything they want, no work for them while more content for us i dont see anything bad in that. But like you said, as long it dont end up in burn outs im good with that.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 07, 2013, 02:25:11 pm »

My brain suddenly went into overdrive as to what I'm gonna do when this comes out.

It's presently going 'Find planet with large icesheet, make a base attached to underside of ice sheet! No! make a base on a cliff overlooking a lava lake! No wait! Make a seafloor base! NO! Make a village on a jungle pla- NO NO NO! MAKE AN UNDERLAVA BASE!'

My brain's stupidly ready for the release of this game.
Amen.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 07, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »

Do all of them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 07, 2013, 04:59:22 pm »

Make the underside ice sheet base, then cover it with lava.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 07, 2013, 08:25:02 pm »

and make a lava jungle above that with litlte lava houses and lava people.

Lava trees would be a interesting addition...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:39 pm »

I am just going to blind jump and then die a thousand times while playing Ignition (Remix) on the ukelele.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 07, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »

My starting planet will be dotted with unimpressive third-finished structures. There will be precisely one complete and good-looking building and it will be a small shrine tucked into an alcove or in a pretty natural formation. It will be fucking beautiful. It will be the only thing beautiful.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 565