Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In which Baldur's Gate 2 decides to throw a fit. Or, HELP!  (Read 1686 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
In which Baldur's Gate 2 decides to throw a fit. Or, HELP!
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:48 pm »

So, just got out of spellhold, ran around a bit, murdered the roaming pirate gangs, and now I'm looking for the horn of that bloody idiot Saemon. I found it, but now he doesn't show up at the docks. I got in via killing the crazy-ass wizard, aced all the tests in the dungeon, and my party is Minsc, Keldorn, Amoen, Imoen, and Jaheira. Running EE. Any tips on how to deal with this nuisance? I rather want to run around underwater and murder shark-people.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In which Baldur's Gate 2 decides to throw a fit. Or, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:43:23 pm »

Not sure if you googled a bit, but I did and came up with this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/2qg3pd/bgiiee_patch_13_saemon_havarian_disappeared/
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26754/spellhold-irenicus-battle-saemon-havarian-not-appearing-underdark-portal-door-still-locked

I guess you want to 'hack' Saemon to appear using the CLUAconsole. It's been a while since I played BG2, IIRC you just needed to fiddle with the .ini a bit and it should work the same in BG2EE. Instructions for setting that up should be easy to find.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:46:50 pm »

It's been a while but I recall him being notoriously buggy.

Quick search shows up that you likely need to either reload a save from before you took the quest to collect the horn or use the console to respawn him.

Code: [Select]
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("StealShip","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",77)
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ppsaem3")

edit: and ninja'd
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 07:11:38 pm »

It's been a while but I recall him being notoriously buggy.

Quick search shows up that you likely need to either reload a save from before you took the quest to collect the horn or use the console to respawn him.

Code: [Select]
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("StealShip","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",77)
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ppsaem3")

edit: and ninja'd
Thank you VERY much. The fucker wasn't working at all until this. Now I can murder shark-people!