Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194

Author Topic: Atheism Redux [READ THE FIRST POST]  (Read 187788 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism Redux
« Reply #1845 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:32 pm »

Wait, what about cars means God can't help us anymore?
There are other informative prophecies in the Bible. For example, you can learn that David Hasselhoff is the AntiChrist.

Quote from: Rev 13:1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns
Quote from: interpretation
The Beast, of course, is David Hasselhoff. The Heads are His separate television incarnations. Young and the Restless, Revenge of the Cheerleaders, Knight Rider, Terror at London Bridge, Ring of the Musketeers, Baywatch and Baywatch Nights.
The ten horns represent His musical releases: Crazy For You, David, David Hasselhoff, Do You Love Me?, Du, Everybody Sunshine, I Believe, Looking For Freedom, Night Lover and Night Rockers.
Not only does Mitch The Lifeguard literally "rise out of the sea" on Baywatch, but David's musical career has mostly occurred in Europe, a metaphoric rise to fame from across the sea.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 09, 2011, 03:12:58 pm »

Hey, I didn't say it was a bad thing.  If technology can fight God in that manner, perhaps one day we could harness His energy and use it as a power source.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:29 pm »

And on that day, God appeared before the sons of Adam and said: "I am thy Lord!"
And the sons of Adam jumped Him and handcuffed Him, and put Him in a cage of Iron, where He is forced to ride a bicycle attached to a power generator, thus providing electricity for the whole world, else He is denied His daily rations of prayers.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1848 on: January 09, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

And on that day, God appeared before the sons of Adam and said: "I am thy Lord!"
And the sons of Adam jumped Him and handcuffed Him, and put Him in a cage of Iron, where He is forced to ride a bicycle attached to a power generator, thus providing electricity for the whole world, else He is denied His daily rations of prayers.
But if he escapes, it will be a deus ex machina.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 09, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

I don't believe that that could happen.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:25:04 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 09, 2011, 05:31:18 pm »

This just got the Urist seal of approval.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 09, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »

I don't believe that that could happen.
Sure it can, God created for himself a bicycle generator that he himself cannot escape.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 09, 2011, 07:06:50 pm »

I was thinking a while ago that the quote by J-sus "I have not come to abolish the old law, but to fulfill it."

I think a possible interpretation of that quote would be that Christians were the intended end result of Judaism.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

From a Christian perspective, yes, obviously.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 09, 2011, 07:33:51 pm »

From the Jewish view though, they are just misguided souls that need to be brought back, because they have blasphemed by declaring a prophet to be the Lord.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:46 pm »

Wow, I just posted in the wrong thread, what happened there?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 09, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

don't you mean this?
And on that day, G-d appeared before the sons of Ad-m and said: "I am thy L-rd!"
And the sons of Ad-m jumped H-m and handcuffed H-m, and put H-m in a cage of Iron, where H- is forced to ride a b-cycle attached to a p-wer g-nerator, thus providing el-ctricity for the whole w-rld, else H- is denied H-s daily r-tions of pr-yers.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 09, 2011, 08:41:16 pm »

don't you mean this?
And on that day, G-d appeared before the sons of Ad-m and said: "I am thy L-rd!"
And the sons of Ad-m jumped H-m and handcuffed H-m, and put H-m in a cage of Iron, where H- is forced to ride a b-cycle attached to a p-wer g-nerator, thus providing el-ctricity for the whole w-rld, else H- is denied H-s daily r-tions of pr-yers.

I don't worship a bike.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »

even if it is the holy bike the lord pedals to generate energy for the entire world? it's atleast as sacred as the cross and the shroud of turin

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 09, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

The whole idea of relics is stupid. It really couldn't be holy just because it touched Jesus.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194