Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194

Author Topic: Atheism Redux [READ THE FIRST POST]  (Read 187770 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism Redux
« Reply #1470 on: January 02, 2011, 12:24:05 am »

Some have handled these matters very poorly (as evidenced in Boston) while others have handled these issues very well.

From wikipedia. Seems this wasn't some evil mass cover up at all. This was a strange event that gave positions of power to several men, some understanding and acting well on it, others not so much. The fault was not of the church, or even the faith, but the men who did not know how to handle these circumstances.
According to Crikey, The Age of March 19 reported that the Vienna Boys Choir “has been caught up in accusations that pedophile priests systematically abused their choristers.” On the same day, The Australian reported that “the crisis over sexual abuse in the Catholic Church has intensified” as a result of the choir scandal. However, once it became apparent that the Vienna Boys Choir is a private organisation, and "the complaints of abuse were made against teachers and older choristers, not priests.... the media dropped the story: the choristers’ suffering ceased to be interesting without a church angle... no apologies, retractions or Media Watch denunciations."

See, the media just wants to hype anything from the church, they don't care about any other group.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1471 on: January 02, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

Interesting.
I like new beleifs. If you don't think of it as offencive, would you mind telling me a little more about your own? Between most of the people I know being christan, and a few with eatern beleifs, I have never talked to somebody that beleived in Wicca, and a big part of tolerance is understanding.
ITT: I explain my beliefs for the tenth time.

What do you want to know?

Basics first: Reincarnation, pantheism AND panentheism, duotheism (God and Goddess), Rule of Three (karma-like thing, but three times), Wiccan Rede (piece of advice, really), self responsibility is big, gods are neutral and natural, blah, blah blah. Just ask me what you want specifically.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 02, 2011, 12:37:26 am »

Such a wide open question, I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Well, were I to ask a christan about he's church, he starts with god. Were I to ask a Muslin, they would tell me about Allah, and were I to ask a Buddist, they would tell me about inner sanctum.

So, do you beleive in a diety?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1473 on: January 02, 2011, 12:40:21 am »

Such a wide open question, I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Well, were I to ask a christan about he's church, he starts with god. Were I to ask a Muslin, they would tell me about Allah, and were I to ask a Buddist, they would tell me about inner sanctum.

So, do you beleive in a diety?
Look above and you'd see it, but yes. Well, two, actually, the God and Goddess, dualistic view, two sides of the same coin (but not the same deity), and so on. But I'm pantheistic and panentheistic. I don't want to explain it, you can look pantheism and panentheism up on Wikipedia if you want. Also look up immanence and transcendence.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 02, 2011, 12:42:22 am »

Wow, somebody encoraging me to look up a specific religen on wikipedia?
Every other person I have ever met has shot down wikipedia for misrepresenting there veiws.

I find so very few people who have the exact same vales and beleifs as there church would teach.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1475 on: January 02, 2011, 12:44:43 am »

Wow, somebody encoraging me to look up a specific religen on wikipedia?
Every other person I have ever met has shot down wikipedia for misrepresenting there veiws.

I find so very few people who have the exact same vales and beleifs as there church would teach.
No, not the exact same, just the pantheism, panentheism, immanence, and transcendence pages should do fine for this part.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 02, 2011, 12:45:40 am »

I shall try to stick to those parts.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:14 am »

Condoms prevent unwanted children and lessen STD rates. Why would you think of them as bad?

I am religiously opposed to condoms. I like to clarify that I am not Catholic.

I have a developed a foolproof method of preventing unwanted children and stopping STD's.

But those secrets will die with me!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 02, 2011, 02:28:51 am »

Gay sex after through STD testing is never the answer.

Or is that always......
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 02, 2011, 02:48:19 am »

Are you saying gay sex is the answer?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 02, 2011, 02:50:33 am »

No, I'm just saying that gay sex is never not the answer.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 02, 2011, 02:51:33 am »

No, I'm just saying that gay sex is never not the answer.

I've been wrong all these years....

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 02, 2011, 02:56:38 am »

I'm going to have to tell my girlfreind it isn't going to work out. We all have to do our bit to stop the spread of STIs, so I need to find a gay bar.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 02, 2011, 10:05:27 am »

How can you be opposed to condoms?

It's not like 99.99...% of sperm cells are wasted regardless if you... hit the mark.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1484 on: January 02, 2011, 10:19:10 am »

How can you be opposed to condoms?

It's not like 99.99...% of sperm cells are wasted regardless if you... hit the mark.
You know, the pope actually said that condoms are sometimes okay. More specifically, to prevent HIV. I don't have a link, you can Google it yourself if you want. There was a link a while back in this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194