Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 194

Author Topic: Atheism Redux [READ THE FIRST POST]  (Read 187719 times)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism Redux
« Reply #690 on: December 17, 2010, 04:12:52 pm »

It's unclear who is on what side. Please state your beliefs next post.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:36 pm »

I am on my side.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2010, 04:16:28 pm »

What do "sides" matter, and what would that accomplish?  Does the "side" with more supporters "win"?

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2010, 04:19:11 pm »

I am on my side.

We are a like, I see possibilities here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvM-WQP7SOw
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2010, 04:53:43 pm »

What do "sides" matter, and what would that accomplish?  Does the "side" with more supporters "win"?
No, but it's still a game you can "win". I like playing it with people who think not winning is equal to losing.
So here we go: Usually, I believe in a singular God, but am agnostic about her nature. I usually do not recognise the state of Israel. I practice believing the craziest stuff just for fun. Like atheism.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2010, 04:57:27 pm »

Well I guess I'm on my side too. And I am frequently described as a hateful person.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2010, 05:02:36 pm »

I practice believing the craziest stuff just for fun. Like religion.
There, FTFY. ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:40 pm »

There, FTFY. ;)
Oh, that's such a sharp comeback that you rendered me utterly speechless. [more non-constructive cynicism (which was actually very funny) deleted here]

As for "I'm on my side"... Nobody is not on his own side. So yeah, that answer makes you a pretty dull person who has nothing to offer. Try again, we all know there's more in you. (<- not cynical, I meant that)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2010, 05:09:43 pm »

I practice believing the craziest stuff just for fun.

I still say that's not actual belief.  If it is, you have serious psychological problems.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »

I still say that's not actual belief.  If it is, you have serious psychological problems.
"You only made the fires worse!!"
"Worse... or Better?"  :D

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »

As for "I'm on my side"... Nobody is not on his own side. So yeah, that answer makes you a pretty dull person who has nothing to offer. Try again, we all know there's more in you. (<- not cynical, I meant that)
If wanting to stay out of conflict makes me dull... I'm the antithesis of my garnet avatar.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 18, 2010, 12:00:59 am »

What's the general opinion of the acts of the Israelites during the Old Testament? Cruel?

First try at a best seller. They did ok, but they ended up rewriting parts and adding stuff, they also redid one of the main characters renaming Joseph to Jesus. He did way better with the younger crowd and teenagers.

It sold better but after a while they just bundled it up and it took off, sales where through the roof.

Oh yeah, Mel Gibson bought the movie rights, I liked the book more. LOTR is way better in book or movie. I would get that for christmas instead of the "Bible, the Directors Cut".
Funny. Because I'm a stickler for these things though, Jesus was originally something like Yeshua (the pronunciation in Mel Gibsons crazy film), which if it was translated in the standard form would be Joshua. Out of the two, I'd pick the movie though any day (perhaps gore edited down to pg-13). The story was a bit lame, but the sound and visuals were amazing.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 18, 2010, 12:28:43 am »

I'm pretty sure we can prove that any meaningful god does not exist. I am more than positive we have proved the christian god to be a myth if the christian cannon was to be taken literally.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 18, 2010, 12:56:37 am »

Through what means would you prove this? "Jesus was originally something like Yeshua (the pronunciation in Mel Gibsons crazy film), which if it was translated in the standard form would be Joshua." Jesus is Greek for Joshua.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 18, 2010, 01:19:15 am »

Through what means would you prove this? "Jesus was originally something like Yeshua (the pronunciation in Mel Gibsons crazy film), which if it was translated in the standard form would be Joshua." Jesus is Greek for Joshua.

Originally from talking to my catholic brother, my trivia-knowing father, and some other unknown source. However, confirmed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua_%28name%29#Original_name_for_Jesus
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 194