Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!  (Read 6757 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2022, 02:42:55 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2022, 07:40:33 am »

Hi everyone. Summer is drawing to an end and my life is getting crazier. You probably guessed it with the lack of posts last week but I can’t keep the pace. So I’ll put this game to sleep, and maybe come back in a few months (or maybe not, who knows). Thanks to all who followed and played the game until then.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2022, 10:21:08 am »

No worries, thanks for the bronze age spams :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2022, 04:11:13 am »

I'll still be interested in this, when you come back to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2023, 04:44:22 pm »

Hello everyone!
While I’m waiting for my players’ turns on another game, I have an itch to dabble back on my free time with a Spam Kingdom series, and I’ve thought whether continuing this game or starting another. As at least one of you has shown its interest to keep this game going, I just want to make a quick poll.
I have thought about another game in a Medieval Apocalypse context (inspired by Godherja, if you know it)… Or we can continue this one.
What do y’all said?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2023, 05:06:26 pm »

It is your game and your idea, toss it in form of a thread and others will poke in if there's interest :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2023, 02:19:37 am »

I liked this game but I also like the sound of a medieval apocalypse so I'd be good with ether one.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2023, 04:21:40 am »

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2024, 05:45:47 am »

Hello everyone!
I’ve got once again some free time ahead for the following months, and got an itch to continue this game. So I offer you to continue the story of Gezhugimiluk and the city of Gedur.
As I’ve reread the story to remember stuff, I also decided to do a small modification of the rules: the ruler’s skills will be capped to 12, except for the one corresponding to the character’s background, meaning new Gezhugimiluk’s stats are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The reasons behind the change is that it’s pretty tough to balance the game when your character has 95% of success on two rolls categories.

Despite Nenulbinanur’s treacherous move, you order your army to keep moving towards your allies of Tell Anak, who are invaded by the king of Zepat. Despite some grumblings, your soldiers obey, while your slave-warriors diligently follow orders.
You only hope the walls of Gedur will hold enough time for your army to rescue the city.

Late Summer, 306 AC

As you reach closer to Tell Anak, you can observe clues of severe fightings in the country around: burnt villages, corpses left decaying from some skirmishes or small battles.
Some smoke on the horizon indicates the city of Tell Anak, besieged by the Zepatian forces.

By a mix of tactical ingenuity and Zepatian’s negligence, your troops slip through their scouts, until it’s too late for them to avoid a pitched-battle against the walls of the city. As both armies form ranks, you can observe that the city walls, despite severe damages, are still holding. You have roughly equal numbers with the Zepatians, as it is.

You gather your commanders to organize your strategy.

A) Go in slowly, giving Tell Anak’s forces time to organize a breakthrough. We will crush them on two fronts!
B) Shock and awe! The faster we are, the better.

As for your position during the battle…

A) In the front, to inspire our men!
B) In the back with the charioteers, waiting for the perfect moment to charge

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2024, 11:45:17 am »

AA

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2024, 11:49:46 am »

Back from the dead?

AA

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2024, 06:12:34 am »

Taking your time, you gather your men while discoursing atop of your chariot, galvanizing your soldiers.
In the meanwhile, your opponent is given an agonizing choice, needing enough troops to face yours, without letting himself open to a breakthrough from Tell Anak.

As it turns out, it seems Zepat’s general is a gambler as he takes all of Zepat army to face you, probably hoping to crush you before Tell Anak’s sortie.

The Zepatians, tired and wore out by the siege, easily crumble before your might. Your slave soldiers prove their mettle as they face the panicked ranks of the Zepatians, while you strike left and right from your chariot. By the time of Tell Anak’s breakthrough, only retreating groups are available targets.
Tell Anak’s lord and his officials meet you under the cheers of your soldiers and his, amazed as they are for your astounding charge.

After a profusion of greetings and thanks, you tell them that your own city, Gedur, is besiege by the neighboring Nenulbinanurians. Bound as they are by their honor and militaristic ethos, the Namorrians send a fair token of their forces with you, while they mop up the surviving Zepatians.

Early Autumn, 306 AC

After weeks of forced march, you arrive in the surroundings of Gedur. Despite the large force besieging the city, you notice the walls look mostly unscathed.
Unlike the Zepatians, Nenubilanur’s forces see you from afar, and hence organize to face you.

As you close the gap towards Gedur, clash happens soon enough.

Quickly after the initial strike, chaos ensues as fierce infighting happens on the battlefield, and small groups of soldiers start roaming around. Your Namorrians allies lack in discipline, but largely compensate in ferocity.
Your experimented eye, however, can tell that the battle will be lost if the trend keep going on.

A) Seek the Nenubilanur commander on the battlefield!
B) Reorganize your men around and push towards Gedur
C) Call the retreat and reform back further

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2024, 02:05:17 am »

B

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2024, 11:29:21 am »

Swinging your spear around, you do your best to regroup your men.

You apparently do quite the job, as you manage to gather the vast majority of your men. Quick-witted captains share your orders across the battlefield, while your slave-soldiers secure your surroundings. Although most Namorrians keep doing their thing, a chunk of them join your troops as well.

Once your men are reassembled, you order to march towards Gedur’s gates. The maneuver seems to catch the Nenubilanurians off-guard, as they get pressured against the walls, panic and scatter off with catastrophic results. The following is more akin to a slaughter than to a battle.
At last, your troops are victorious, and you are hailed as the savior of the city!

Shortly after, you enter the city under the applause of the citizens, and are greeted by your relieved officials and family. One question is burning everyone’s lips, shall you avenge the slight and march towards Nenubilanur?

A) "This is our hour! We will march at once on our rival!"
B) "Enough bloodshed! It is time for recover"

After two battles in a span of months, your army has seen its ranks quite depleted. Should it be time for an emergency enlistment?

A) "Yes, let’s recruit new soldiers"
B) "No, we need them in the fields"
C) "We will form slave soldiers instead, they have proven their usefulness"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2024, 01:30:24 am »

AA
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11