Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone had an Evil biome with no weather? (world cooking)  (Read 904 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Has anyone had an Evil biome with no weather? (world cooking)
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:53:45 pm »

I'm getting back into world crafting in Premium, learning the odds and ends of the new menus.  I'm testing an ocean embark; the ocean itself is Terrifying and the immediate landmass is Joyous.  There is a stretch of sand which I believe counts as part of the ocean biome.  I'm nearly a month in, watching the Dwarves mill about on the surface and fight off the occasional zombie albatross, but there has not been any rain or cloud.  Is it possible for evil weather to spawn only rarely?  Like a couple times per year, or even not at all.  I have never known evil weather to take this long to make an appearance in Classic.  Any insight is appreciated.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone had an Evil biome with no weather? (world cooking)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 04:12:45 am »

IIRC, evil biomes caused by necromancer and demon influence don't have evil weather, just dead vegetation. Don't know if you'd be getting zombie albatrosses if you were in one of those, though.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone had an Evil biome with no weather? (world cooking)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 04:58:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?