Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: custom creature is turning my inn in into a brothel and they're taking over :O  (Read 1557 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

So I made this creature as a companion creature for the dwarfs, its an intelligent creature very similar to the dwarf except for some differences in size and innate skills.

It's a 3 caste creature with 2 males and one female the 2 males fill roles as worker and military whilest the female fills the roll of replenishing numbers(she has 5 to 10 babies),becoming food,generating supplys to build things, shes a [pet] so she is fairly premisquious with the opposite sex.

i recently made them a seperate [entity], and when they visisted my inn there was 6-7 of them mating pairs.......and  within less than a year im now over 90 with each birth cycle getting exponential..... my fps as of this post is tanking fast LOL........id say at the rate theyre going within 2 years there will be so many that the game will crash :D !!fun!! times :D

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

The end is close, it's very close now, I can feel it I know what I must do and I don't know if my poor dwarfs will come out on top or not but I know what I must do I must engage combat with these poor bastards and pray to God they're double size and strength doesn't rip my poor 50 something dwarfs to pieces God have mercy on there souls for what I'm about to do.....

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

I thought I had an epiphany where I could save a bunch of bloodshed so I turned my tavern to citizens only I thought this will fix it they'll all leave right well they left all right and now there's a huge mass of undulating legs and arms sitting on the edge of my map slowly multiplying exponentially LOL......... There's definitely going to be bloodshed

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

It was mid-autumn the year 102 first sandstone the men rallied outside of the fort they were apprehensive about what was about to happen hundreds and hundreds of creatures lay before them sprawling across the landscape from one corner of the world to the next and there was no stopping them without violence so the men they rallied and they charged at the enemy and of a war of attrition began the battlefield slowly becoming covered in the bodies of the slain... The morale wearing thin the war rages on... The campaign taking longer than expected with very few casualties a cursory check of the stockpiles to see how we were doing supply wise showed there was a large volume of the the organs and meat of the slain enemy yep we're eating the enemy and softly children quietly play make believe amongst the piling corpses

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is poetry

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

this is poetry
Shhh, quiet now....a moment of silence for the fallen. Another great example of the horror of senseless wars, carried out with senseless violence. War never changes, and it seems that its the children that always suffer the most. It's year 103, tenth granite and the war is over, the horde vanquished and all of the corpses were disposed of. Every thing was fine...….., until I noticed what at first I thought was just a one time thing...

"Urist mcChild has a tantrum" …."Urist mcChild punches stray cat in the head the injured part collapses into a pile of gore"

I thought damn lucky shot kid went psyco and downed a cat...…….6 cats, two war dog, a llama,several bird, later all with heads punched into gore, im starting to think maybe  theres a pattern here, but before I could could even finish that thought ….

"Urist mcChild punches the Human bard in the head the injured part collapeses into a pile of gore" ..........

Now im thinking Damn !!! things are escalateing now,....now  i have a "Urist mcMichealMyers" freaking going on a serial killing spree !!!

this sicko sent like 5 dwarfs to the hospitle but since hes a child NO capital punishment can be done to this sick freak, hes here mangleing people, and poeple are just stepping around him while hes openly attacking every thing includeing workstations

eventually he had hurt every one and destroyed very nearly every workstation and single handedly started a revolution amongst the other children causeing them to all also start to go into pyscotic rampages all of which were utterly ignored by the adults,.....

All attemtps to stop the chaos failed the children slowly and with impunity started to execute the adults one by one every so often .........

NOW im thinking SHIIIT now i have "Urist mcCHILDREN OF THE CORN" ...................they killed a lot of adults before i retired the fort out of frustration......

So i think its clear here fairly sure anyways,......that war,.......any war really,.... but the senceless ones mostly.... can really screw up a younger generation pretty bad, and adults sometimes uh,....i guess theyre just too busy with there lives to notice the world around them any more, they've been desensitized from the rat race called life that were all trapped in.

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... the female fills the roll of replenishing numbers(she has 5 to 10 babies),becoming food,generating supplys to build things, shes a [pet] so she is fairly premisquious with the opposite sex.

???  That's dark, man.

eventually he had hurt every one and destroyed very nearly every workstation and single handedly started a revolution amongst the other children causeing them to all also start to go into pyscotic rampages all of which were utterly ignored by the adults,.....

Did he have any... "pets" he was taking revenge for, or was it only the average horrors of war?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

... the female fills the roll of replenishing numbers(she has 5 to 10 babies),becoming food,generating supplys to build things, shes a [pet] so she is fairly premisquious with the opposite sex.

???  That's dark, man.

Did he have any... "pets" he was taking revenge for, or was it only the average horrors of war?

ehh dark nah not at all, the creatures are magical in nature and tho very different from dwarfs every thing they do is all quite natural :D the earth mother provides all...... sustanance,power,wealth,........companionship, where one earth mother ends another begins for she is part of the infinite, and without her the chosen earth cannot rise.

@@or was it only the average horrors of war?:well i shouldnt have called it a war it was more of a ethnic cleansing that needed to happen and i know that sounds bad, but in this instance it needed to happen ....

as for the child.......its hard to say....i didnt really start paying attention till the 3rd or 4th cat death he was very upset about a lot of things despite, his list of current thoughts filled with entrys about seeing corpeses and not feeling anything anymore.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My last murder child I locked in a room until he grew up. Ended up quite well adjusted from 10 years of isolation with some good food and decoration. Anyone I put in there with him got domed in the first few years, so he sat alone.

I did turn him into intelligent undead eventually, and I don't think he's been any trouble.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile

Were those creatures by chance, catgirls?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

This is why unintelligent castes of any species that needs them (ant men civs or other eusocial species?) should be very rare, so even if they do show up as visitors or something and dump a bunch of kids on your lap the kids are unlikely to also be one of those castes.

You could have made four castes too, with males and females of both intelligent and unintelligent varieties. Use the pet males as war animals. I used that strategy in the past for "summoning" before actual summoning interactions were implemented. Used a syndrome to turn some goats or chickens or whatever into unintelligent peons, which gave birth to intelligent peons that I actually wanted. Trained males for war, had to isolate females or butcher them to stop them breeding more by running into one of the intelligent males unfortunately, one of the flaws of that workaround.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why unintelligent castes of any species that needs them (ant men civs or other eusocial species?) should be very rare, so even if they do show up as visitors or something and dump a bunch of kids on your lap the kids are unlikely to also be one of those castes.

So long as you can get some more of them through caravans by assigning them as always available on the entity file, you should be fine to skew the population ratio unfavourably to the originator caste so long as they're not completely impotent to create their own, for population culling purposes.