Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF v50.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 15388 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: DF v50.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2023, 07:07:35 am »

That gamelog.txt keeps quite a detailed log history of events.  I found the worldgen seeds:

Seed: gRaz4B0DxnnM2yrD7Xwx
 History Seed: fw1BzCqhKZ8FWLRaUvdT
 Name Seed: WRm9zFUWJrzHxK8QtsnJ
 Creature Seed: YUcCpCH5o4CNxN0uYgYc

The search filter claimed to have found flux.  But I haven't found any yet.  Most of the top sedimentary layers have been replaced with igneus extrusive layer stone (there is a volcano after all), and the sedimentary regions I've found so far are just conglomerate.  I dug down to the magma sea and managed to miss 100% of the rumored flux.  I'm digging out along the vertical shaft now to probe what's outside of some of the large cluster stones that were dug through.  A bunch are metamorphic, but I'm not sure if marble can have all the metamorphic cluster stones or just calcite, so it doesn't look great, but a bunch are bauxite too.

I *could* use the reveal-all DFHack command, but I don't want to.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 06:26:08 pm by Schmaven »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 06:41:44 pm »

Hey folks.  The ability to paint worlds in Classic has rather spoiled me.  I want an embark that has a tropical evil ocean and tropical savage evil savanna.  A super bonus would be a good-aligned forest or plain adjacent to said savanna.  I've set Poles to 'both' and cranked up the good/evil tiles per region size (world is large x medium 257x129 if that matters), but I'm still coming up short.  Is there anything else I can change to encourage this particular combination?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 07:15:31 pm by Immortal-D »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2024, 03:36:44 pm »

With no strong understanding of my actions, I generate Small and Smaller worlds with evil oceans by setting Evil Square Count In Large Subregions to 1000. Then, increase both evil and good square counts for medium and small subregions for land by some amount.

To get savage land but non-savage ocean, that would need luck... Increasing savage rating helps (25 minimum savagery is the most I go, or it rejects a lot of builds)

Setting Poles to 'North or South' and increasing the minimum temperature might get you more selections to choose from each time.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2024, 08:37:15 pm »

The savagery of the ocean is irrelevant for my purposes, though it does tend to match the landscape.  I have found that I get more tropical regions with a double pole, as a single pole will sometimes cut short the tropical end in favor of more normal stuff.  I have created a parameter set that works reasonably well, but am now struggling with weather.  I'm trying to determine if the weather type is consistent when recreating the base seed only (leaving creature/name/history random).  I have created the same world twice and gotten different blood rain each time.  I dunno if blood rain is locked in, or there is a chance I can get something more interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]