Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:43:47 am 
Started by Haspen - Last post by da_nang
Zirilzes Bibanangrir is trying to find a single die for the mountain goat goddess of volcanos and mountains in a dwarven fortress, but all he's seeing is a bunch of death cults. He's most displeased.

on: Today at 08:36:23 am 
Started by Bralbaard - Last post by AvolitionBrit
Happy to take another turn

on: Today at 08:33:03 am 
Started by RoseHeart - Last post by RoseHeart
AI image tools can be fickel. Instead of running a free character creation service on top of running a game, I am just gunna say your ID portraits are final.

If you want to make something go ahead and I'll swap it out. It must be your own art or AI prompt.

I'll clarify by saying I will listen to your requests and welcome them, but if you are unsatisfied then yeah, you'd have to send in your own image. I will mainly be trying to update costume changes.

on: Today at 07:16:21 am 
Started by Skyrunner - Last post by Magmacube_tr
Same time with Half-Life 3

on: Today at 07:15:53 am 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Magmacube_tr
Well if you can "tweak" the laws of physics slightly, knock yourself out!

Quote from: obligatory ST:TNG
Q: "Just change the gravitational constant of the universe!"

Okay, lemme just... wHOA WHOA-

on: Today at 07:09:18 am 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by McTraveller
Well if you can "tweak" the laws of physics slightly, knock yourself out!

Quote from: obligatory ST:TNG
Q: "Just change the gravitational constant of the universe!"

on: Today at 07:03:59 am 
Started by Devastator - Last post by Devastator
Lets look around the warm room.

You are jumped by a pair of demons.  Two of them, small and dog-like come out to attack you.  They're far too weak to bother you, but you know that where you see one demon, there are many demons.  Two weak ones are likely only the beginning.

Still, you explore the warm room, the demon chamber.  It's larger than it looked, with the smooth cracked floor rising and falling over a distance, and there being no less than three slides leading further down.  They look navigable, being made of smoothed rock with a few broken pieces, but there are certainly more demons down there, and you remain at significantly reduced health, with Willis out of mana and Sessha a bit low.

Are you sure you want to continue?

on: Today at 07:02:09 am 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Strongpoint
Im willing to bet Air-to-air AI fighters would be easier to program than air-to-ground. Fewer things you have to program the AI to correctly identify. If it can reliably tell the difference between the aircraft you and your allies are using and those of enemies and non-combatants, then militaries might even give it the OK to fire at will at any target it identifies as an enemy aircraft.

Then the enemy tries to mess with AI and things become messy.

Look at a simple example. Chess engines. They beat humans easily... But what if we change the rules slightly? Human players will adapt instantly and successfully apply all their experience from regular chess. The chess engine needs to be retrained\reprogrammed.

on: Today at 06:45:08 am 
Started by Haspen - Last post by Haspen
You hail the ship.

A text exchange begins.

>Yes?

You write an invitation for drinks.

>Sure.

And that's how it ends, really.

A) To the bar!
B) Let's squeeze a trivia article in, maybe?
C) Another Zirconius episode, or at least a half of it?

on: Today at 06:23:49 am 
Started by Skyrunner - Last post by voliol
Babylon 5? When do we get Babylon 6?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10