Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10986 10987 [10988]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13433388 times)

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164805 on: Today at 01:31:34 am »

I am in the sound area of my school’s library , but it’s odd that there is no one make any sounds here, which makes me embarrassed to recite the knowledge of anatomy and clinical English ,it seems that if I start to recite there would be someone watching you with disgusted eyes.😓
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164806 on: Today at 01:58:26 am »

They would especially from hearing english anatomical terminology.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #164807 on: Today at 02:09:18 am »

Ironically, outside the library room a sign reads that no sound in the library, while in the library room there is a note on each table saying that sounds are allowed here in the sound zone.
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164808 on: Today at 03:40:21 am »

Had my first real bout of dealing with a tummy bug with my child.

My word, they can have a lot of things in their belly for such tiny creatures :| cheese puffs giving it a lovely vibrant orange colour to boot.

I could also do without the “hey, that human is vomiting and the vomit smells really bad. Have you also considered vomiting?” evolutionary brain nonsense, thanks.

We managed to get through the day without more (except for another lovely incident this morning, involving half digested milk) so hopefully that’s the end.

If it makes you feel any better, I used to babysat a kid who just threw up all the time. They didn't have a virus or infection, but they just had a tummy that threw things up a lot. Everyone that watched that kid felt bad for them because of it, but also it was weird watching it happen because vomiting is kind of contagious like yawning. You see them do it and your brain makes you want to or feel like you have to or whatever. Was so weird.

I could also do without the “hey, that human is vomiting and the vomit smells really bad. Have you also considered vomiting?” evolutionary brain nonsense, thanks.

This is a Certified Evolution Moment™.

My thoughts exactly.

Part of me thinks I am a scared idiot just begging for a Darwin Award at times (This and other self esteem/ anxiety/brain malfunction issues to come):
My WTF involves anxiety, crossed wires in my brain, and  yellow jackets starting to build a tiny (so far) nest under my porch rafters. I hate these wasp bug things. Despite trying to destroy them repeatedly they keep coming back to rebuild and I have not gotten stung yet, but I am ... a scared stupid little girl about the idea pretending not to be. I have physically beaten down the small (before they can build it up) nest with a pole about 7 times in the past 2 years. Wearing all black at night, a thick jacket with a drawstring hoodie underneath and thick canvas pants they can't sting through with safety goggles and an N95 Mask, I don't think they can sting me easily through that. Also at about 3AM they are asleep and never see it coming. Plus I run like hell after I hit them (which is very painful due to past unrelated leg injury). Fortunately I only see 1 or two of them as they are in the very early stages.

I need a better way to deal with these damn things.. Lol. I'd be for poisoning the bugs at this rate, but only the ones trying to invade my space. I need to do this smarter with one of those ranged spray things don't I? I should learn how to do that. What's wrong with me?

This is probably the bravest/stupidest thing I've done as anxiety is just a total thing for me. Any other time (and even with this) I'm stupidly scared to death of lots of stuff including stuff I should not be. Somehow, I have an incredibly difficult time working up the courage to face any of just tons of fears I have and often I don't because anxiety just paralyzes me. But somehow, I manage to talk myself into this, because I'm afraid of a yellow jacket nest getting bigger if I don't beat it down? I spend tons of time overthinking tons of little things and can't manage to work up the courage to do them, but I can talk myself into this? WTF is wrong with my brain? There has got to be more danger in doing this to get rid of yellow jackets than being scared to death to talk to someone or ask a question in real life, lol. I must be the dumbest girl ever sometimes.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164809 on: Today at 05:07:15 am »

A sting is not lethal unless you are allergic (about 5% if you have never been stung). I suggest Raid or a similar spray onto the nest. You don't even need to do mechanical damage to it before the wasps die off.

These sprays are highly poisonous to insects. Even so much as walking over a surface that has been sprayed with it will kill them. Hitting them directly with it also works, but is rather wasteful.

However, I do not know how long the sprayed surface stays poisonous. You would kill that nest, but they might build another next year.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164810 on: Today at 05:17:51 am »

Just take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164811 on: Today at 06:46:37 pm »

Raid will be effective for the current nest, but it wont stop more of them coming back. I dont know if anything will.

Sometimes small nests like that occur frequently because of another larger nest nearby that is providing constant population growth thats expanding outwards and keeps finding the same sites suitable for building new nests. If you can find and destroy the larger nests that will slow growth, and if its in an optimal site they might try to recolonize that location first.

And yeah, unless youre allergic you've got nothing to really fear. Unless you literally have a phobia of pain. Then you have a lot to fear.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10986 10987 [10988]