Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly night troll?  (Read 1329 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendly night troll?
« on: August 07, 2023, 02:18:08 pm »

I met a “shadow troll spouse” fishery worker in the sewers of a ruined city. Their were completely benign and had a nice conversation with me. Is this normal?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 02:21:17 pm by Urist Mchateselves »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly night troll?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 07:59:22 am »

so the night troll spouse possibly moved into the civ and pick up the ethics of the civ thus losing any drive to just kill folks for being a dangerous beast(and probably stayed there long after the fall of the civ if I throw out a hunch). due to how historical figures settle in to sites this is several mechanics working together to make a friendly night troll that lives in the sewers.
also I feel like Normal and DF don't really mix the game is surreal and most stories that come from it are from folks finding these interactions.
I had the experience of figuring out how to get a night troll or hostile sapient unit become non-hostile by convincing them to join a civ site mostly a player fort and just migrate themselves to the location in fort mode.
so I can see how if history had the night troll live in a site they probably settled down in the site and become part of the civ in a way pick up the ethics and upon loading the map the game went ok this unit is part of this site thus part of this civ so they will follow the civil ethics the site had.
 there also another chance you talk to them in an angle where they couldn't really see you and just having a nice convo with a voice they hear.
any way night trolls are sapient creatures so I don't consider them mindlessly hostile.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: Friendly night troll?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:41 pm »

so the night troll spouse possibly moved into the civ and pick up the ethics of the civ thus losing any drive to just kill folks for being a dangerous beast(and probably stayed there long after the fall of the civ if I throw out a hunch). due to how historical figures settle in to sites this is several mechanics working together to make a friendly night troll that lives in the sewers.
also I feel like Normal and DF don't really mix the game is surreal and most stories that come from it are from folks finding these interactions.
I had the experience of figuring out how to get a night troll or hostile sapient unit become non-hostile by convincing them to join a civ site mostly a player fort and just migrate themselves to the location in fort mode.
so I can see how if history had the night troll live in a site they probably settled down in the site and become part of the civ in a way pick up the ethics and upon loading the map the game went ok this unit is part of this site thus part of this civ so they will follow the civil ethics the site had.
 there also another chance you talk to them in an angle where they couldn't really see you and just having a nice convo with a voice they hear.
any way night trolls are sapient creatures so I don't consider them mindlessly hostile.

This is normal but rare behavior if you look at my mods pages on steam I have a few pictures up there where I have night creatures that are part of my forts they do work and all kinds of stuff the night creatures in those pictures they just migrated onto the map like visitors and then they just stayed and became part of the fort