Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1400905 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14415 on: May 20, 2017, 10:30:56 am »

the newest windows is bad at things.

FTFY :P

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: May 22, 2017, 03:40:22 pm »

Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on steam at the moment. http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150/Starpoint_Gemini_2/

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: May 22, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

One of my Steam friends let me know about that.

It's not just "free weekend" free, it's "free forever" as long as you claim it before whatever time period ends.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: May 23, 2017, 10:29:17 am »

Yep it's basically 100% off until tomorrow.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: May 24, 2017, 08:22:58 pm »

Some MMO on steam called Black Desert Online is on sale. It's a buy-one, keep forever type MMO, not sub-based from what I can tell.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: May 24, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »

Some MMO on steam called Black Desert Online is on sale. It's a buy-one, keep forever type MMO, not sub-based from what I can tell.
Rather pretty, massive map, good amount to do besides combat, best mmo combat I've played with. Didn't know it had been added to steam, but its still an mmo in the end, you do want someone to play with lest you get bored of it quickly.

Also, its a 40gb download.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: May 24, 2017, 09:45:43 pm »

A bit more on Black Desert, they just today released a new class, the Striker. There is an event running through June 14th where you can get various rewards for leveling up the new class. It's a good opportunity for new players looking to get into the game.

Also, BDO has the best nude mod I've seen for an MMO. Great jiggle physics!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: May 24, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »

Fair warning, vets of BDO pretty consistently say that you need to shell out ~$30-50 for pets or some shit to progress at a tolerable rate. Also, it has a godawful RNG item upgrade system which IIRC has a chance to destroy your items.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #14423 on: May 25, 2017, 01:32:24 am »

Fair warning, vets of BDO pretty consistently say that you need to shell out ~$30-50 for pets or some shit to progress at a tolerable rate. Also, it has a godawful RNG item upgrade system which IIRC has a chance to destroy your items.

it is a great game, best MMORPG I have ever played, but in the end still an MMORPG and I quit after a while. It is true that you can destroy items when trying to upgrade them. The game is grindy as all hell, but the grind is pretty fun. Great graphics, awesome combat. Worth it I say.
I got nothing

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:14 am »

Not games, but for those of you in Australia (no idea if they ship overseas or how expensive that would be) JB Hi-fi is having a 40% off sale on Monster Pictures releases until Sunday, on DVD and blu-ray. There are some excellent titles in there, so if you're interested in owning copies of these and supporting the creators without breaking your wallet, especially with shipping costs, now's your chance.

Heck, I didn't even realise JB sold Monster Studios stuff, I probably would have been buying these long ago.
Even full-price this seems to be far cheaper than tracking them down in other stores, and obviously easier than ordering them online.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: May 25, 2017, 05:20:44 am »

Having gotten a couple pets in the past (one bought, one free), they are pretty damn convenient but have no effect on your xp gained unless you have very particularly lucky pet skills (which add maybe one or two percent). They just autoloot nearby enemies for you and have to be fed eventually.

The upgrade system is entirely non-rng up to +5 (+7 for armors, iirc), but thats only like, a third of the scale, with the rest requiring a lot of durability repairs when you fail to boost it higher. And trying to upgrade accessories is complete rng shit and usually not worth at all because you lose both 90% of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: May 25, 2017, 12:50:21 pm »

Having gotten a couple pets in the past (one bought, one free), they are pretty damn convenient but have no effect on your xp gained unless you have very particularly lucky pet skills (which add maybe one or two percent). They just autoloot nearby enemies for you and have to be fed eventually.

The upgrade system is entirely non-rng up to +5 (+7 for armors, iirc), but thats only like, a third of the scale, with the rest requiring a lot of durability repairs when you fail to boost it higher. And trying to upgrade accessories is complete rng shit and usually not worth at all because you lose both 90% of the time.

It's not about exp gain, it's about the autoloot being paygated. Not only do you need pets to avoid having to R every single loot pile, you need lots of them (from what I've heard) to tier them up, as at high levels even multiple pets typically get outpaced by the speed at which you clear mobs, leaving loot bags to decay (albeit to a much lesser degree than if you were trying to manually loot them). That's absolutely fucked, real P2W shit. Autoloot is a QoL standard, especially if you have fairly rapid loot decay.

Any sort of high-cost RNG progression in a MMO is a blight. Though at least this doesn't look as atrocious as GW2's magic item-eating fire, and being able to AFK farm currency makes buying your way to upgrades much less onerous.

Still, cheap is cheap, I'm willing to deal with a few shitty bits and 1995-vintage terrain pop-in, since the combat looks pretty good.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: May 25, 2017, 01:00:38 pm »

Couldn't comment on the high-tier pet thing, since I've hardly messed with things past 40, and the two lv.1s still worked just fine then, but as dumb as the rng upgrading is, its not exactly a huge surprise coming from a korean mmo.

Also I checked on their site to see if there was anything else new, and they apparently made a limited referral thing. So if anyone particularly wants a 7-day guest pass instead of buying it first, pm me and I'll throw one of them at you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: May 25, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »

Rising Storm is free at Humble Store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rising-storm
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: May 25, 2017, 02:17:15 pm »

It's not about exp gain, it's about the autoloot being paygated. Not only do you need pets to avoid having to R every single loot pile, you need lots of them (from what I've heard) to tier them up, as at high levels even multiple pets typically get outpaced by the speed at which you clear mobs, leaving loot bags to decay (albeit to a much lesser degree than if you were trying to manually loot them). That's absolutely fucked, real P2W shit. Autoloot is a QoL standard, especially if you have fairly rapid loot decay.

I agree with you in principle. Paying for basic QoL stuff is a strong turn-off in games.

However, I don't feel like it is an entirely applicable complaint in this particular case. I've been playing BDO for about a year now, and currently have 5 pets; 1 of them I bought with the currency I got with my initial purchase of the game, the other 4 were given out free during events. I only keep 3 pets out at once; 2 would probably be plenty, but I overkill just because I can. I have not bothered to tier-up any of my pets, that is entirely unnecessary.
So yeah...the pet-looting system is entirely manageable without sinking tons of money into it.

Regarding other people's comments about the upgrading system, again I can sympathize, but BDO is not nearly as bad as many other Korean MMO's. First of all, weapons and armor never break on upgrade-failure; mid-level failures result in some durability loss, necessitating more frequent repairs or a modest fee(in-game currency, not real money) to restore the lost durability. At higher upgrade levels a failure may result in downgrading one level, but upgrades at that tier are entirely excessive to what you actually need to kill monsters quickly.
Also, there is a transparent 'failstack' system, meaning that when you fail you see a visible counter go up which increases your chances of success on further upgrade attempts. This system can be exploited by deliberately failing upgrades on cheap items until you have a high failstack count to use on your more expensive items, thus making the RNG quite manageable.
And if you don't want to mess with all that, you can easily save up a bit more coin and just buy pre-upgraded items from the marketplace. Items that other people upgraded usually only cost 20-30% more than if you upgraded them yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1133