Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 132224 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1320 on: September 13, 2023, 05:23:33 am »

Youtube just recommended me this pretty good comparison of the Thing 1982 vs the Thing 2011. It's thoroughly spooky however how yt knew to recommend me this a mere day after talking about the thing

I'll do you one better.

I started replaying Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2 with a friend for a couple weeks. Did a few Google searches for Xenoverse 2 stuff.

Then all of the sudden I start getting Dragonball Z meme and art pages recommended to me on FB.

Couple years ago someone's Hey Google was turned on while their phone was in their pocket. We were standing around talking about teeth I think, when their phone started making noises and Google had pulled up a bunch of relevant searches.

C O N S U M E.

A couple of years ago I befriended somebody on a course a took, like on a "course buddy" level where we didn't exchange any information or add each other to any accounts or anything. And yet some weeks in they say to me "hey is this your mum" because Facebook (which I have an account on but stopped using a decade ago) had out of nowhere recommended as a friend a person with my last name, and yes, it was my mother.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 22, 2023, 11:26:08 am »

Oh, man. I've just learned of the existence and the story behind the creation of North Korean Godzilla. Like, the background deserves an action thriller of its own. But anyway, NK Godzilla! It's on youtube ('Pulgasari', 1985). Gonna watch me some this weekend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 22, 2023, 01:41:56 pm »

Did you say Bulbasauri?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 22, 2023, 01:56:41 pm »

Close! The more direct translation is apparently Bulgasari, so it's like one letter off and that one letter is basically just an upside down b.

Fun note, though, that IP was probably talking about: The director of the movie had actually been kidnapped and forced to make movies for NK. That one was his last before he and his wife managed to escape the country.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 02:00:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 22, 2023, 03:24:21 pm »

In my headcanon, this indubitable masterpiece* of Best Korean cinematography created through means both cheeky and nefarious, is now a vore fanfiction about Bulbasaur. It's only mildly relevant that I haven't seen it yet or can barely tell all those pokefuckers apart.

Btw, they apparently first kidnapped the ex-wife to lure the ex-husband. Which is hilarious in itself, insofar as kidnappings can be - it's like the Great Leader did not approve of them splitting up therefore he decided to make them be together in a gilded cage where they can forever sing make movies for his pleasure.

*looks pretty good, actually

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 22, 2023, 03:24:38 pm »

Close! The more direct translation is apparently Bulgasari, so it's like one letter off and that one letter is basically just an upside down b.

Holy crab make the sounds p and b and feel how you make them and and look at the letter b and p and I just realised that how you make the sounds is just moving the sound up and down in the mouth just like the curve on the b and p just moves up and down on the l to match it
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 22, 2023, 03:27:38 pm »

What are you talking about? The only difference (in English at least) is whether the vocal cords are engaged or not. The place of articulation should be the same.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 22, 2023, 03:59:40 pm »

No I make p sound in upper mouth and b sound in lower mouth don't you? They have different lip movements
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 22, 2023, 04:08:05 pm »

Not here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 23, 2023, 03:28:24 am »

I know how to settle this, have North Korean godzilla fight Bulbasaur, and that will somehow settle things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 25, 2023, 01:21:51 am »

Oh, man. I've just learned of the existence and the story behind the creation of North Korean Godzilla. Like, the background deserves an action thriller of its own. But anyway, NK Godzilla! It's on youtube ('Pulgasari', 1985). Gonna watch me some this weekend.

It's actually great, if you love B-horror/monster movies. (B might be generous...)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 25, 2023, 02:29:39 am »

B movies are the only ones worthy of watching.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 25, 2023, 02:44:27 am »

This man speaks the truth!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 25, 2023, 09:07:17 am »

Currently watchin the 1979 movie The Warriors, piecemeal, on Youtube via a playlist that I won't link.

It's gloriously cheesy fun. Great music, hilariously over the top fight scenes, LOTS of running, and godawful dialogue and line delivery. I love it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 25, 2023, 09:45:47 am »

B-movies with C-monsters? (Or, in the case of those like Mothra, Œ-monsters!)
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96