Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 96

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 132218 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #975 on: April 27, 2020, 02:16:46 am »

And I couldn't help thinking "Wait, that was it? Isn't there a bigger finale?" Like my brain actually expected, I dunno, Dr. Grant to dive on the back of a T-Rex

Because you'd just mentioned them driving away, I read that as drive on the back of a T-Rex. The print is pretty small on my screen. So I pictured him driving a jeep up the back of a large T-Rex like a ramp then leaning out to stab the T-Rex to sort of pivot the car around to where they need to go. Maybe uses it to get up a cliff face. Now that would be something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:19:46 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 27, 2020, 06:09:10 am »

What it needs is an epic charge. Something like the JPPD armed with handguns charging up a narrow alleyway against raptors armed with assault rifles
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 27, 2020, 09:23:24 am »

Got to watch the delightfully cheesy classic Fright Night today, a lovely romp!

It's Sunday.
Netflix don't care.

So I'd finally be able to watch Next Friday?

And I couldn't help thinking "Wait, that was it? Isn't there a bigger finale?" Like my brain actually expected, I dunno, Dr. Grant to dive on the back of a T-Rex with a knife and stab it and hold on for dear life while it thrashes around, and velociraptors with firing lasers from their heads are doing back flips through the frame. Or pterodactyls attacking the helicopter while it's flying through the gorge.

That sounds like something out of the newest one. A little girl did a flip and kicked a raptor out a window.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 27, 2020, 09:57:02 am »

It's 2020, we don't have days of the week anymore.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 28, 2020, 01:11:16 pm »

This is the new way of tracking days.

He posts a description of one minute of the film Heat every day. He's been doing it for a month, so he should be done by October or so.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 28, 2020, 03:16:14 pm »

It's Sunday.
Netflix don't care.

...wat?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 28, 2020, 05:01:08 pm »

It's Sunday.
Netflix don't care.

...wat?

I'm not sure which part of the joke you're not understanding. That I think I can only watch a movie on the day it's named after, or that it will never be Next Friday, it will always be This Friday.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 29, 2020, 01:02:46 am »

It's Sunday.
Netflix don't care.

...wat?

I'm not sure which part of the joke you're not understanding. That I think I can only watch a movie on the day it's named after, or that it will never be Next Friday, it will always be This Friday.

Ah right, sorry... Covid has been messing with my head a bit and I've been having difficulty remembering the days of the week.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fright. Then the weekend, which consists only of Saturday and Samuel.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 29, 2020, 10:20:11 am »

Murdersday, Tearsday, Weepsday, Terrorsday, Frightday, Slaughterday, Sadday

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 29, 2020, 11:04:29 am »

Sadday Bloody Sadday
Sadday Bloody Sadday
Love, scriver~

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 10, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »

It's Sunday.
Netflix don't care.

...wat?

Ah right, sorry... Covid has been messing with my head a bit and I've been having difficulty remembering the days of the week.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fright. Then the weekend, which consists only of Saturday and Samuel.

Look at the mouseover text

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 12, 2020, 05:10:01 am »

Just watched The Hateful Eight, or however the title was spelled.   
Pretty damn depressing movie that left a bad taste in my mouth, but I guess if it had such a potent effect it must have at least some merit...? I guess? Hmmm, I dunno. Probably not. At least the soundtrack was good for the most part!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 14, 2020, 03:54:33 pm »

God damnit Shin Gojira. It was wonderfully weird for maybe the first half - like some bastard child of Threads and The Thick of It, only with a fantabulously bonkers monster in tow. And then it went just standard Japanese weird. :(

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 27, 2020, 06:30:23 am »

Just watched Son of a Gun, with Ewan McGregor and Matthew Nable.   
It was pretty good, plenty of action and it's nice to see a decent Aussie crime film for the first time in a while (not that I'm an expert on such things), but... well...   

Also, on a less spoiler-y note, a lot of the soundtrack friggin' sucked.   
It's alright when it's someone listening to shithouse music in the story, that's just realistic (the bogan arms dealer blasting an EDM remix of Forever Young in his trailer was probably a highlight of the film), but a fair few important scenes were drowned in horrible, piano-laden caterwauling that was probably supposed to pass for sentimental. Blech.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 27, 2020, 07:08:45 am »

Watched the movie "Mandy" a couple weeks back, posting it now cause I just realised this thread existed.

Holy shit, this was easily The Cage's best performance, that I've seen. I doubt he's had any other roles where he's been able to simultaneously go full ham, as well as show genuine human pain and grief, to this degree.

The action was great in the latter half of the movie. Short, brutal, and bloody. Very cathartic in some bits. Absolutely fantastic soundtrack. If you're any fan of occult trappings, Lovecraftian literature, and metal music, you may end up liking this movie.

I will say the beginning was pretty slow. I had already spoiled myself on a lot of the movie, so I was invested enough to have faith, sit still and be patient. By around 15-20 minutes in, the movie really starts.

Best recommendation for the beginning is to either try and appreciate the artistic quality and effort going into each shot, or watch the beginning with a friend and just go full peanut gallery: crack jokes every few seconds about everything onscreen.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 96