Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 132311 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #810 on: February 14, 2020, 04:46:31 pm »

Tonight I was given the opportunity to experience the wondrous "Gods of Egypt", with Gerard Butler, Geoffrey Rush, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and Rufus Sewell (among others).

For however bad it might look from the cover/synopsis... It is infinitely worse in its full glory. Oh my god(s).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 14, 2020, 05:34:46 pm »

Tonight I was given the opportunity to experience the wondrous "Gods of Egypt", with Gerard Butler, Geoffrey Rush, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and Rufus Sewell (among others).

For however bad it might look from the cover/synopsis... It is infinitely worse in its full glory. Oh my god(s).
Hey, I liked that movie.

I'm not sure if that tells you more about me or the movie.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 14, 2020, 06:43:44 pm »

Instead Mario is gonna floss and do other Fortnite dances because that's what the fellow kids are into these days

A movie made for children includes things that children like? Tres surprise
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 15, 2020, 12:15:56 am »

I'm at least confident that it won't be Richard-Simmons-CG-Sonic levels of bad.

Speaking of which, have any reviews for the Sonic movie started trickling out yet?  They made him less terrifying to look at but the movie still can't be good.
Apparently it's at 94% user approval on Rotten Tomatoes, which... has to be some kind of hardcore filter effect or trolling attempt, right?

Still, Jim Carrey as Robotnik is intriguing enough that I might go see it at some point. If so I'll report back on its full majesty.

The Alchemist (1981, there's gotta be more than one movie with that title) was thoroughly disappointing. From the title, poster, and time period I was expecting sword and sorcery. Instead it was a werewolf movie without any budget for a werewolf. They did have a budget for some demons though. Did you know that if you're being chased by demons, it's really not that big a deal? True story.

Mutant Hunt is a gloriously bad film about the worst mercenaries you have ever seen hunting the gooiest crackhead robots you have ever seen. Nobody knows what weapons are, but at least the villains are aware of the proper villain dress code. If nothing else, I guarantee the first proper fight scene is a fairly unique experience as action movies go.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 15, 2020, 10:58:01 am »

The Alchemist
Quote from: Wikipedia
Time Out called it a "spectacularly low-energy multi-pastiche"
SAD!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 15, 2020, 12:28:55 pm »

I give you Robo Vampire. Godfrey Ho's version of RoboCop. I mean, this isn't even trying:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:32:15 pm by Reelya »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 15, 2020, 01:12:13 pm »

...man in robot suit versus Chinese hopping vampires.

Yes. :))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 15, 2020, 03:08:45 pm »

I'm gonna need to start writing these down.

...have I seen that already?

I have! From the thumbnail of the guy lifting the white sheet I have successfully remembered that yes, this is that movie about hopping vampires and cocaine. I'm not sure I can add anything about it that you wouldn't have guessed from it being called Robo Vampire. Other than that it was not filmed in English, if that makes the blatant ripoff any more reasonable and the bunnypires any more normal.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 15, 2020, 05:47:22 pm »

I saw Citizen Kane yesterday

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 16, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »

Apparently the Sonic movie is doing ludicrously good
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 16, 2020, 06:36:53 pm »

Apparently the Sonic movie is doing ludicrously good

I loved it. I think it is a fantastic movie--however, it's humor isn't for everyone, and anyone who considers themselves "a very serious and critical moviegoer" might be offended by some of its more formulaic writing, but TBH it's an absolute treat and a much refreshing change from the historically drab (and downright awful) videogame-movie adaptations.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 16, 2020, 08:31:29 pm »

So, Sonic, I was honestly impressed with it.  Not amazing story or anything, but just plain fun to watch.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 16, 2020, 08:43:12 pm »

Sonic watchers, would your opinion be any different if they used old abomination sonic instead of the redesign?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 16, 2020, 08:49:47 pm »

Sonic watchers, would your opinion be any different if they used old abomination sonic instead of the redesign?
I haven't seen that, but I would have actually bothered going to see it if they'd used the OG look.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 17, 2020, 04:28:55 am »

Please clarify, do you mean original master/genesis era Sonic, 3D Sonic, anime Sonic, comic book Sonic, that horrific fucking monstrosity in the first advertisements for the movie, or something else?

Because I'd have watched with any of the "True to Sega designs" but there is no circumstance under which that hideous goddamned model they first advertised would have gotten my money.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96