reserved

on: Today at 09:53:51 pm 
Started by Crystalizedmire - Last post by Crystalizedmire
reserved

on: Today at 09:53:35 pm 
Started by Crystalizedmire - Last post by Crystalizedmire
GOD-KINGS!

Introduction:
You are a God-King! Once born from the Infinite, you roamed the High Vastness unfettered, until you made a mistake and messed with powers higher than yours... For a crime you committed, you were cast down into a cage of laws: a World, finite and limited. Will you attempt to make a home for yourself in this newfound existence, or try to escape from this abhorrent prison?

This is a game originally created and ran by Nakeen! Unfortunately, the original is pretty dead and will probably remain that way depending on Nakeen's motivation to post the turn and the player's motivation to post. The original can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=182052.msg8501833#msg8501833. Unlike what the title implies, I made no alterations to the ruleset and formatting.
This is a god-game with a hint of RTD elements, where you play as a divine entity of near absolute power. Worship will grant you more power, granting you more freedom. But ultimately, you decide your goals.

Quote from: God-King Sheet
Name: your current name.
Crime: what caused you to be cast down here?
Vessel Type: Choose one: Blood, World, Construct.
Vessel Appearance: your current physical vessel appearance.
Vessel Attributes: you have 4 points to distribute. You can't allocate more than 3 points in a given attribute.
Awe - determine priority in regard to worship generated, and how mortals respond to you.
Law - determine blessing/curse strength, and maximum amount of active blessings/curses.(note: 1 law and 0 law is the same)
Might - determine intervention strength, and usable tier of interventions.

Based on your Vessel Type, you obtain the following bonus:
- Blood: starts with a well-established dynasty and an entire kingdom worshipping you.
- World: starts with +1 Awe.
- Construct: starts with +1 Law or +1 Might.

0. Useful Rules
Apart from God-Kings and equally mighty entities, everyone is subject to the whims of fate by mean of a RTD d6. For those unfamiliar with this simple system, 1 is a Critical Failure, 2 is a Failure, 3 is a Partial Success, 4 is a success, 5 is a Critical Success, and 6 is an Overshoot.

- You are limited to 1 Intervention per turn.
- You are always able to use Minor Interventions, as if you had an infinite pool of these.
- You are always able to use Minor Blessings/Curses, as if you had an infinite pool of these.
- A Major Intervention can be used to do 3 Minor Interventions at once.
- A Major Intervention can be converted into a Major Blessing/Curse.
- If you use an Intervention above what your Might allows, your Vessel explodes and dies. The Might thresholds are 2 for Major, and 4 for Absolute.
- You start with 1 blessing slot, and gain 1 more per point of Law.

0-1. Conflict resolution:
- Interventions always cancel conflicting Interventions of an inferior tier, unless the God-King doesn't want to. It must be specified.
- Blessings/Curses always cancel conflicting Blessings/Curses of an inferior tier unless the God-King doesn't want to. It must be specified.
- Conflicting Interventions/Blessings/Curses of the same tier are resolved by comparing the relevant Attribute of the involved God-Kings. On an Attribute tie, everyone rolls a d6 until a single winner remains.

0-2. God-King Tiffs
Interventions may be used against other God-Kings when a little bit of action is desired.
A God-King directly targeted by a harmful Intervention is always considered to be protected by an abstract Minor Intervention for the purpose of conflict resolution, and their Might is used as usual in the process.

Interventions effect:
Minor: Harm the vessel, permanently reducing one Attribute by 1. The Attacker chooses.
Major: Kill the vessel, reducing their Attributes to 0 for the turn and forcing a reincarnation.
Absolute: Kill the God-King, removing it from the game. Freedom at last?

Do note that deicide is a serious crime, this will attract the attention of the Interlopers who don't appreciate such uncivilized behavior.

0-3. Switching Vessels
You may freely switch Vessel once per turn if you have a prepared Vessel. The eligibility criteria to be a prepared Vessel are, in order of priority:
-Created as a direct result of the God-King's Intervention, with Tier affecting priority.
-Blessed/Cursed by the God-King, with Law affecting priority.
-Worship the God-King, with Awe affecting priority.

If several God-Kings declare the same prepared Vessel, use the eligibility criteria for resolution, unless the God-Kings agree to share a prepared Vessel.
If you have no prepared vessel, you can use a vessel fulfilling one of the eligibility criteria.
If for some unfortunate reason none of the criterion are fulfilled, then it is down to luck and the GM's mood.

1. Resources
Worship: the feelings of mortals and the world cause you to become stronger, converting into power. From the humble grass to the arrogant man, all that exists is there to awe and worship at your metaphorical feet.
Enough Worship will coalesce into a Major Intervention. Or even an Absolute Intervention.

Blessings/Curses: the manifestation of your favour. A blessed entity is favored and protected by fate! Conversely, a cursed entity is bound to run to its ruin, no matter how it struggles.
Blessed entities cannot fail, and reroll if they roll a [1], [2], or [6].
Cursed entities cannot succeed, and reroll if they roll a [3], [4], or [5].

There are two tiers of blessings/curses: Minor and Major.
Minor Blessings/Curses can affect a handful of individuals, or a small location.
Major Blessings/Curses can affect an entire people, or a vast region.

Interventions: manifestation of your word that rules over natural laws. Interventions are used to shape and reshape the world. There are three tiers of interventions: Minor, Major, and Absolute.

Minor Interventions can affect a handful of individuals, or a small location.
Major Interventions can affect an entire people, or a vast region.
Absolute Interventions can affect the entire world, as well as anyone, even God-Kings and the Annoyances.

Suffice to say that if an Absolute Intervention were to fall under the hands of a God-King... the Warden would take action. Unless?...

2. Vessels
Is your vessel out of fashion? Too weak for your grand aspirations? Did you die? Well if you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you probably need a new Vessel. Mostly for flavor, or maybe not?

Blood Vessel: due to your past mingling with mortals, you are able to manifest yourself and be reborn in select bloodlines. Fragile but plentiful.

World Vessel: mere flesh cannot hold you. Maybe you fancy yourself as a blazing orb of fire, or a great mountain with a generous figure. Very sturdy but bound by natural laws. Even if you are the sun, natural laws prevent you from changing course on a whim.

Construct Vessel: you will only accept a contraption specifically tailored to your needs. Require a bit of a setup to get going.

3. Annoyances
You may be a God-King, there are still things you should be wary of apart from other God-Kings.

Time: the Unstoppable! The one who decides when the wheel turns or stops, and waits for no one!

The Warden: the Allseeing! The one who watches over you, making sure you remain down there. If you want to escape, you will have to strike it down! Fortunately he has a weakness: insignificant Vessels are beneath his notice...
The Warden will smite and depower the vessel of any noticeable God-King who seems close to escape.

The Interlopers: Inscrutable! Outsiders who have tried times and times again to mess with the world. He seemingly act without reason, and is not stopped by the Warden. They may do stuff at the end of each turn. Or not.

The Janitor: the Almighty! He who removes what is deemed unecessary, so that the world doesn't collapse.
Before the start of any turn, he may decides to erase things if the world is so full Time has difficulties progressing. The Janitor targets entities using the following priority:
1. Major Cursed
2. Minor Cursed
3. Unblessed/Uncursed
4. Minor Blessed
5. Major Blessed

4. Missing a turn

If you miss a turn, your God-King becomes dormant. Your Blessings and Curses will remain active, and you will keep receiving Worship if applicable. In the worst case scenario, your Vessel will have changed, possibly forcing you to inhabit a new, better Vessel.

Note: target update frequency is of 1 update every 1 to 3 days.
Tentative names:
- Godgame of the season: can it last more than 10 turns?
- I-Missed-The-Latest-GoC godgame
- A Game of Prospective Godgame GMs Catch and Release
(jokes stolen from Nakeen)

on: Today at 09:51:52 pm 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by FiveBalesOfHay

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

on: Today at 09:40:43 pm 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by evictedSaint
Turn 3: Poems for ME?
I am the Emperor.  My word is law.
TURNTURNTURN

The Emperor's Mood: Angry

The Emperor Insanus Cancer pours through the stacks of poems, heaped to the ceiling on priceless, archaic paper.  He looks over one, scanning it briefly, then tosses it to the side.  He wasn't necessarily displeased with it - it was just long and he had a lot to go through.

"They love me.  They really, truly love me," he whispers, eyes filling with tears.  He tosses another one away - again, longer than he really had the patience for - and one of the aides picks it up and begins dutifully reading it out loud.  There were two or three hundred aides in the room, each reading so that the Emperor might hear the words of adoration from his subjects. 

The cacophony is near deafening, and though he can't pick out any one in particular, Insanus lets the love wash over him.

"My Emperor, the last of the poems have been delivered," one of the servants shouts, struggling to make himself heard. 

"IS THIS NOT GLORIOUS?" Insanus shouts back, delight painted across his face.  "MY WORRIES - MY ANXIETY - ALL FOR NAUGHT! THEY LOVE ME! SOME REALLY LOVE ME, ACTUALLY, THERE WAS THIS ONE POEM FROM LORD LEON - "

"Yes, my Emperor," the servant shouts in reply.  His face twists, clearly not liking what he was about to say next.  "The only concern is that Lord Tyranious did not submit one - "

"LORD TYRANIOUS?  NO, I HAVE HIS RIGHT HERE - " the Emperor sifted through the pile of discarded too-long poems and held it up.

"That is Lord Tyrannous, my Emperor.  Lord Tyranious of House Durin and Lady Helewisa of House Ravenwood declined to send a poem."

The change is instantaneous.  From tears of joy to apoplectic rage, the Emperor stands and shreds the closest sheet.

"TREASON!"  Spittle flies from his lips and the veins in his face stand out. The overlapping poems go silent in staggering waves.  "TREASON!  I WANT THEM EXECUTED!  PURGE THEIR PLANETS, BURN THEIR HOUSES.  TRAITORS!"

"PERHAPS - " the servant shouts, but immediately moderates his volume now that the room is silent.  "Perhaps, my Emperor, a more moderate approach would be warranted?"

"Fine."  As soon as the rage took him, it vanishes.  Suddenly exhausted, he picks up a sheet from the floor at random and thrusts it towards the man.  "This one was the best.  As good as any of the others, I suppose.  I'm...weary.  I'll be in my chambers."

House Harrak wins the bid!  They are now the proud owner of a brand-new 1[0]Farmworld. Their poem "O Emperor My Emperor" was the 'best' (though they were all absolutely delightful - a very hard choice to make).

The Emperor has declared a Trade Embargo against Lady Helewisa of House Ravenwood (Iris)!
The Emperor has declared a Trade Embargo against Lord Tyranious of House Durin (MonkeyMarkMario)!
Players may not trade with either of these players this turn.

New Planet Available!
8[0]M : Size 8 Machineworld.
Not available for auction.  The Emperor, in his infinite wisdom, has decreed that this planet is to be used as a dumping ground for particularly toxic and non-Euclidian waste.
A modestly-sized planet orbiting a yellow star, an extinction event at some point in the past killed off vast oceans of primitive algae. Life never took off again after that, but tremendous fields of oil are present beneath the surface.  This easily-accessed energy supply makes this planet ideal for manufacturing Alloys into useful goods.  The planet is a little close to the sun for comfortable habitation and the atmosphere is thin enough to require suits, but it's a decidedly habitable planet.  The planet is now a dumping ground for particularly toxic and non-Euclidian waste, and is now vehemently hostile to all human life.

Please keep ACTx3 in BOLD and at the TOP of your posts! It makes it much easier to spot your post!

Spoiler: The Emperor (click to show/hide)

on: Today at 06:50:47 pm 
Started by Meph - Last post by Eric Blank
Do they not? I could have sworn I got diplomats frequently. Although they do have a habit of leaving...

on: Today at 06:46:27 pm 
Started by Karater - Last post by lethosor
No matter what I do, I can't connect to the site
What error message do you get when you open http://localhost:58881 ?

on: Today at 06:44:50 pm 
Started by Haspen - Last post by crazyabe
A.

on: Today at 06:13:39 pm 
Started by Magmacube_tr - Last post by Magmacube_tr
Day 8

Spoiler: Star Chart (click to show/hide)

Characters

The Ship | "SS Volcanic Voxel"
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battles (click to show/hide)

Guyyysssss, be more careful with your actions. I had to improvise with a1s' actions so that you weren't late to your date with the machines.

Also, I just noticed that I had forgotten to delete Paxel and Ta'kari's old positions from before. I did now.

Also, also, you know what? I am making the machines more hardcore.

on: Today at 06:02:21 pm 
Started by Skyrunner - Last post by voliol
Freaky dreams

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10