Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Viking challenge fort  (Read 3861 times)

Sheezy

• Bay Watcher
  • Jon Ban Jovi
    • View Profile
Re: Viking challenge fort
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 01:48:12 am »

Name: Vilmund
Profession: Make me an axedwarf or a metalworker.
<Naze>   A baby crying in the cave!
<Naze>   Don't go in there woman!
<Naze>   Your not trained for mutant superbabies!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 11:47:05 am »

----The history of Seaside
---Year 201
--Granite
-1st
I and my companions have staked our claim on this area. Here we will build our home. This rather hasty expedition has been terribly unorganized and lacking any clear focus or leadership, so I stepped in to lead the others. They don't seem to mind. First things first. We'll need shelter, beds, and food. Anything else is secondary, tertiary or even less important. So who can do what?
Ferik. He works with stone. You can't eat stone, so I'll have him help with the building.
Kartain. Me. I'm a carpenter and architect, and I'll probably be the one responsible for most of the buildings here.
Tarquinius. He's a woodcutter, and we'll need lots of wood. He can also handle his axe well enough to hunt.
Ivarr. A smith, which will be useful... Later. Right now, I'll have him help with the building. We can never have too many builders. Well, we can, because we need food and drinks, but nevermind that, we're only seven anyway.
Leef. He's a farmer. Although plants aren't as tasty as meat or fish, they're a stable food source and he can cook as well.
Damak. He's a brewer, but knows how to work leather as well. For now, he'll work with the builders, but he'll probably need to start tanning the hides of our hunters' prey soon enough.
Beowulf. A professional soldier who fancies himself a hero. Let's see how he does hunting down the wildlife here.

Also, for some reason, somebody brought along a camel. Nobody claims responsibility for this ridiculous stunt. I guess it'll make for good eating though.

Edit:ARRGH! DF crashed. Crash and burn. I'l try again.

Second Edit: Alright, try this version. They still brought a camel.

OOC: Sheezy, I'll get you in with the first immigrants. And Dadamh, did you know about this?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:17:23 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 04:23:21 pm »

Yep, "The Ur-Quan Masters" is a decent port and it's cool to have a free copy of the game in existence.

It's hard to control which pack animals you get.  I say just axe the camel and ignore it.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 04:37:11 pm »

If you start from a dwarf civ far FAR away from any deserts you're more likely to get muskoxen than camels, which are substantially more viking-esque.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 12:33:20 am »

Oh Vikings! You should have named your fortress "Saramakath" as in "GreatWinter" as in Fimbulwinter. :P I wouldn't mind a viking next immigration wave.
Name: Thorgest
Sex: Male
Proffession: Godi
A Godi is essentially a viking priest, so wood/bone/stone crafter, engraver, mason. Have me build statues and decorate them with bone, they shall be our runestones. Also one request, when/if you get a king, name him Olaf Haraldsson after the patron saint of Norway.
Aqizzar you should have named your viking Thor, you are the weapon/armour smith after all. ;)
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:09 am »

Aqizzar you should have named your viking Thor, you are the weapon/armour smith after all. ;)

Seemed too obvious.  Mostly I just love that title 'Boneless'.  Any guy who can command enough respect to lead a raiding party when he has to be carried on a shield has got to be a badass.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 01:26:48 pm »

If you dont mind when you start your military

Name - Sigurd
Proffesion - Dual Wielding AxeDwarf (immortal) Sqaud leader

This looks entertaining and please try not to get me killed, or atleast let me die honorably in a blood bath of goblins or hacking up a megabeast. :)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 01:34:02 pm »

I am currently experiencing severe technical difficulties. Please stand by.

On the plus side, I'm listening to Bob Dylan.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 01:49:54 pm »

Ew. You must be having a terrible day.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 06:05:27 pm »

Terrible doesn't begin to describe it. I can't even backtrack my saves to the version without random zoom to building crashes, so I generated a new one.

But there's good news. I'm embarking in an area composed of three biomes:
Biome a: The Forest of Sisters, a freezing, calm taiga. Boring and consists of half of the map.
Biome b: The Waters of Haunting, a freezing, sinister ocean, covering up almost half of the map.
Biome c: The Immoral Glacier, a freezing, sinister glacier, filling the rest of the map.

A lot more interesting place to live in, if we don't get immediately slaughtered that is.

EDIT: My my, it just keeps going. I forgot to add in sheep. You can't make a viking settlement without sheep. Strange, but true. I'll see if I can't gen up a similarly interesting location. Also, I found a very big ocean called "The Big Water".
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:21:09 pm by Boksi »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »

Sinister is evil + calm you know. Nothing more deadly than demon rats, and not even those since it's freezing.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 08:33:05 pm »

No matter. I found a place with ice wolves. The sea area is preposterously small though, so I'll search on.

Pages: 1 [2]