Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Elder / Partent Issue (Non child, adult with older parents).  (Read 4065 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Elder / Partent Issue (Non child, adult with older parents).
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2023, 08:43:40 pm »

Thank you very much for that Ma'am.

I know you are probably very busy. Just glad to see you and hope you are doing ok. And yeah, I still try to follow the stuff you put then. It means a lot to me. Thank you. I do not have a lot of time tonight but I wanted to get back to you ASAP.

I do not know what happens if my mom cannot be healthcare POA. I do not have a copy of anything. I just looked it over one time, so I really don't know. I asked his lawyer this but he just assured me I could trump her on most things not directly related to healthcare.

If I get anything from this, (and you make it sound like I might not from Medicaid and all that) I would have no problem giving a piece of it it to the special needs relative if I can. From what I remember, mom now has a decent amount in exactly what the special needs relative was going to get, which I also think is BS.

I can try to respond to this more when I have time, but it looks like I have a lot to think about.

I also think anewaname has some good points. So far my uncle's lawyer does not seem to be interested in returning my call. I get it because I'm not a paying client. I don't wanna bug him, but I'm sort of in a weird spot. My uncle does not seem to want to talk about this and he just keeps deflecting. I tried saying a version of what you recommended and he actually said "Ok, that's enough talking about that." He keeps saying he can't find anyone else but her. He is very active in his church and it's just weird nobody there can do anything. Mom says she can but then she doesn't.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 08:56:22 pm »

You're welcome. I'm just glad things seem to have gotten better for you compared to before. Glad to see you're still sober. Keep up the good work man.

All I will say is:

"I do not have a copy of anything."

There are not enough red flags in that picture for this. No copy of anything? Just think about that.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2023, 01:52:52 pm »

Yeah. You sound like you're about to sign up for a whole heap of trouble out of the goodness of your heart and your concern for your uncle's well-being. I would ask yourself very seriously if that is worth the pain and responsibility....especially if you're not going to be a beneficiary of anything.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]